“Great lunch buffet”

The Himalayan
Ranked #5 of 3,768 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Nepali
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Himalayan Restaurant serves Nepali cuisine, which has influences from India and China.
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My wife and I have been to the lunch buffet about six times now and for dinner once.

The lunch buffet has a good selection of meat and non-meat dishes, well spiced for western tastes.

While the dishes have Nepal names, the tastes are fairly similar to East Indian.

The nan bread is tender and tasty.

Arrive early, as the place fills up fast for lunch.

1  Thank Ken T

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We visited this place in weekends. We find the environment quite smoothing and chilling. they really play good music in background. We ordered soups and papad. they were really good in taste. then we ordered some punjabi food and my friend ordered eggplant and naan. We really really liked the taste and the indian style of cooking.
All the servants were fast and amiable. I find the prices little high when compared to other indian restaurants. But i would strongly advice you to go there once...

1  Thank James_Singh89
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I only came for the lunch buffet, so I'm sure its much different than the ordered menu entrees. I love indian food and having several vegetarian/vegan friends, we tend to go out for it quite a bit. I love seeing the variations between all the different places. Their naan stood out. It was garlicky and absolutely delicious. I could eat it by itself!
The service was spot on 4 stars.

2  Thank Jfredzik
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Visited just yesterday, the aroma and flavors of the food are still fresh in my mind. This is a small, cosy, quaint restaurant located 5 minutes from Westbrook Mall LRT Station on 17th Ave SW Calgary. The restaurant is vibrant and bustling with energy, which is very rare to find. The food, is delicious, servings are generous and service is decent. The servers and owner are very courteous, and more than ready to help pointing you in the right direction of making your choice.
I tried the Himalayan Lamb and my spouse tried the Chatpata Lamb (Medium Spicy), the gravies were totally different from each other and so was the taste. Prior to serving the main course, the restaurant offered complimentary Flat-breads (Papads) as a starter.
To wind up the meal, we had Rasmalai's (Indian sweet dish) which was divine. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal here. Will surely visit once more and try out the Lunch menu or the pure Nepali Daal Bhaath.

1  Thank jovita_a
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went there as the menu has a great lamb offering. I made a reservation as others recommended, even tho I was traveling by myself. Good choice as place was very busy. About a 10 minute drive from down town YYC. This is a little hole in the wall that I am sure locals know. Worth the drive. Simple but good layout. Great service from what I believe was the owner. Interesting menu and although simple wine list, a good selection to compliment lamb. Overall, a great little place and very well priced for the quality.

1  Thank cliffbh