“I visit often”

Canada's Sports Hall of Fame Admission
Ranked #36 of 311 things to do in Calgary
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Canada's Sports Hall of Fame located at Canada Olympic Park in Calgary is open from 10AM-5PM Wednesday-Sunday, all holiday Mondays (except Christmas Day and New Year's Day) and seven days a week during July and August! Come enjoy our 40,000 square foot international award-winning facility. We have 12 galleries and dozens of hands on interactive exhibits including shadow boxing with Lennox Lewis, wheelchair racing against Chantal Petitclerc, two multisport simulators and more. Fun for the whole family!
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I've visited the CSHOF 7 times since it's opened and every time it is a treat. There is just so much to see and do and one cannot simply accomplish it all on the first trip. I spend upwards of 3 hours each time reading and learning about all of our wonderful Olympic and amateur athletes, trying out exhibits and watching videos.

There is a special section of the hall that rotates the featured attraction so I make sure to check that out every time as well. Moreover, every year a new set of athletes and builders are inducted so I always ensure that I visit their lockers to see some rare and intimately personal memorabilia.

The price for an individual is very reasonable and for a family the price is top notch. Also, I often see 2 for 1 coupons given away which makes the CSHOF a great way for a group to spend an afternoon. 3 hours of entertainment for less that the price of a movie ticket.

Finally, the best part of the CSHOF is that one gets to learn more about our Canadian champion athletes and Olympic heroes. One gets to share in all of their lessons and stories and walks away with a greater feeling of pride. I rarely leave with a dry eye.

Have fun!

"hands on activities"
"kids and adults"
"rainy day"
in 3 reviews
"a great place to spend"
"great museum"

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I brought my two sons aged 9 and 7 and they had so much fun. The interactive displays such as virtual hockey/soccer and shadow boxing kept them entertained. The staff were very friendly and helpful. It was quiet as it was during a school day so my kids had the displays to themselves. It would not be as enjoyable during a busy Saturday/holiday as I imagine there could be a wait to use the interactive things (which was the kids favorite part).

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great for kids and anyone that loves sports. Also a great way to get in to the Olympic spirt before the games.

1  Thank Alice S
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This place was great to see once and I am glad i did it with my school but wouldn't come to calgary for it