“Meet Up With Old Friends”
Review of Ceili's Modern Irish Pub - CLOSED

Ceili's Modern Irish Pub
Cuisines: Irish
Description: Ceili's Modern Irish Pub started "pouring the pints" back in 1999 and the taps have not turned off since!We currently operate 8 high-profile pubs in Western Canada, 4 in Calgary and 4 in the greater Vancouver area.Whichever of our pubs you may be visiting, expect that you will be greeted with a warm smile, a cold beer and local hospitality.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My first visit back to Calgary in a while and my friends suggested we meet on the patio of Ceili's on Macleod Trail.
Our meeting was a blast so I am sure that means I liked this place even more.
The food was very good. My buddies, for the most part, had the burgers and nothing was left to share. I had a caesar salad /tomato soup /french bread combo with was divine. Later I ordered some yummy Yam fries. Oh those are good! They give a pretty good serving so we all nibbled on that one. My report: 2 thumbs up!
The patio was bright but ample umbrellas if you wanted one. Lots of people having fun like us.
Good job Ceili's!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had my firend's 50th birthday party this past weekend at Ceili's on Macleod Trail. There were close to 50 of us there and everything was exactly as we wanted it. They reserved the area up a few stairs just beyond the entrance for our group. We were allowed to come in during the day and decorate.

Our waitress (Jillian) was amazing. Not only did she remember everyone's names, she also remembered what we were drinking! No easy feat as we were all moving around. No one was ever without a drink!

The food we ordered (natchos, meat and cheese platter) plus the individual meals were great. The burger and fries were delicious. We had also gone a few nights before the party to check out the menu and had their beef/barley soup, ceasar salad and tacos...all were tasty and nicely presented.

Travis - the Manager, was totally accommodating, which was so nice as we had already talked to a few other bars/restaurants, who did not seem at all interested in this party. Everyone said that night they would be loyal clients of Ceili's and would recommend this bar as a place to host a party. Plus they had music which was perfect for our group.

Thanks Ceili's!!!! It's really nice to have such great service and feel appreciated for being your customers. The birthday girl also loved her martinis!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Big sized pub with lots of seating and good service. Decent beer list and good wine selections. Menu has good choices but food is just average. The usual typical pub food affair. Pub was not very busy for a Friday night and looks to have their usual crowd of regulars. Overall, just an average pub like many you find. Not much that makes it stand out from the others.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

On very short notice, due to a mix up with our previously booked location, Ceili's were able to fit us in for our company Christmas party.
Justin, the GM, was nothing but attentive to the needs of our group and the realities we faced with cost. I cannot thank them enough for all the work they put in through the night to make sure everything went off without a hitch. I have had nothing but positive feedback from the guys in my department and all have said they had a much better time then last years event.

The venue and food were great and exactly what we needed. The menu for events is slightly different to regular night and was just that grade above regular pub but not enough to be too fancy for everyone to enjoy. We had the raised area to ourselves with our own bar and it made for a seamless evening.

We will absolutely be keeping them in mind for future events!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We went there for a quick dinner.
I found the server very prompt and courteous.
And I certainly thought the food was very delicious.
I had the fish tacos. I thought the salad was exceptionally tasty.
The Thai dish was delicious as was the chicken pot pie.
Maybe could have more traditional Irish dishes.
But the food was very good.
I'd certainly go back.