“Service was Great, Food was Great”
Review of Ceili's Modern Irish Pub - CLOSED

Ceili's Modern Irish Pub
Cuisines: Irish
Description: Ceili's Modern Irish Pub started "pouring the pints" back in 1999 and the taps have not turned off since!We currently operate 8 high-profile pubs in Western Canada, 4 in Calgary and 4 in the greater Vancouver area.Whichever of our pubs you may be visiting, expect that you will be greeted with a warm smile, a cold beer and local hospitality.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We went there for a quick dinner.
I found the server very prompt and courteous.
And I certainly thought the food was very delicious.
I had the fish tacos. I thought the salad was exceptionally tasty.
The Thai dish was delicious as was the chicken pot pie.
Maybe could have more traditional Irish dishes.
But the food was very good.
I'd certainly go back.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Visiting a friend for a few days in Calgary Alberta, we went out for lunch. Not being familiar with Calgary, I asked him for advice on any good local pubs. He told me there was a place just down the road that some other friends liked. He pulled into Jack Asters . . . . Now this friend is not the aficionado of "Pubs" that I am, so I can't really blame him. I did notice that across the parking lot was a place called Ceile's Modern Irish Pub. I suggested perhaps we try there. Now I have nothing against Jack Asters, but I like to try some place different. I believe that Celile's is a bit of a chain, as I see there is another in Vancouver, but it was a place I had not tried before.

They had a good selection of beer, although I did not see anything really local, but I did find a couple I had not tried previously, and sitting out on their patio in the beautiful September Calgary sunshine, the ice cold beer was wonderful.

Now they had some Irish food, such as Shepherds Pie, but there was also local beef hamburgers, and I doubt that Ireland still has many Bison, but my Bison Burger was still excellent, cooked perfectly and with a very nice blend of toppings. The French Fries were very good, crispy and hot. Now my wife had a Thai dish - not really an Irish dish, and my friend had Jambalaya (New Orleans is Jambalaya!) Irish or not, my wife reports that although she did not expect the fresh pineapple in it, she completely enjoyed her Thai dish. Although my friend had never had 'real' Jambalaya, he reported that it was good, and he would order it again. There are other menu items that looked very interesting, and I'd certainly go back to try some other things.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Went for a casual drink with my boyfriend and it turned into a full dinner with a few bottles of wine. Our server was great and kept us entertained all night long, even the manager came over to chat. I worked in the industry for a long time and tend to pick restaurants apart, but can honestly say I had a great time. Their wine list is extensive and their food menu had me excited - who knew a pub had gourmet salads and entrees?

We noticed they also had a promotion on for a Lobsterfest event, so we bought a couple tickets and can't wait to go this weekend!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We live near Ceili,s and have tried to give it a few tries with poor results. The food is average but the service is terrible, just getting a drink is a huge effort. Been there three times over the past few years but never again. Managment needs to realize that short skirts dont make up for bad srevice and below average meals. Avoid this place unless you like being frustrated.

1  Thank mjm1101
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We went to Ceili's for drinks on Friday night. Their beer list was good and had quite a few options. I'm always happy to see Steamwhistle on a beer menu on the west coast.

Around 10 PM they had a DJ starting, and it became really loud and difficult to talk. We migrated next door to Schanks for a few more drinks, where it was much quieter and definitely had a different atmosphere.

We didn't eat on this visit to Ceili's, but have heard that the food is good.