“Great food”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd st
Transit: Three block walk from the 3rd Street C-Train stop.
Description: Ki Modern Japanese & Bar offers an exceptional menu of classic and contemporary Asian fare. In the stunning new Jamieson Building, close to shopping, major hotels and offices, Ki promises a variety of experiences. Guests may choose from an extensive selection of sushi, sashimi, makimono and kushiyaki, as well as Ki's own signature hot and cold plates. Wine and sake lists are designed to complement the cuisine and servers play guides through a relaxed, interactive and intriguing experience. Whether in the dining room, at the sushi bar, in the spectacular lounge, or people-watching on the sunny patio, Ki promises to be one of Calgary's most unique and dynamic dining destinations.
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

This place is not busy in the evenings (it's downtown) and which is appealing as a quiet dinner out. The food is quite good, although the prices seem a little high here and there. Atmosphere is great, wait staff seem good (though nothing to remember).

Reviewed September 21, 2013

My wife and I went here for her birthday supper. The service was exceptionally friendly and efficient. Our waiter was great in ensuring our needs were taken care of and made excellent recommendations. I am not a huge sushi fan however my wife is. That being said, this was the best sushi meal I have ever had. Everything was fresh and flavorful. Combine that with the trendy atmosphere it made our special occasion great!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were in town for one night on our way back to Australia after 3 weeks in Alaska and Canada, and used Trip Advisor to find a good Japanese restaurant near our hotel on downtown Calgary. Ki was the most popular and so we gave it a try. Well, we couldn't have been happier. Really nice sashimi and sushi and great steak. Washed down with a very nice sake. The service was really good as well with well chosen recommendations.

Give it a try - it's worth it.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

From the moment we walked in until we left we fell in love with Ki. The staff were polite and friendly, offering us a taste of complimentary rolls. Each order was delicious, I love the modern twist on sushi! My boyfriend is not a fan of nori, so they offered a couple of different rolls for him to try with other papers, which was wonderful!! I wrote a review on Open Table about how much we loved our first experience at Ki and the manager personally emailed me back to thank me! I call that great service!! We make it a point to eat here whenever we are in Calgary!!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The place was busy - maybe this is a good sushi place for calgary but I was not impressed. Seemed expensive for the quality, and I had a piece of salmon nigiri that was dried out on one end (I hate that). I won't be back.

1  Thank dbernstein