“Outstanding!!”

ki modern japanese + bar - Calgary
Reserve with OpenTable
ki modern japanese + bar - Calgary is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #170 of 3,514 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd st
Transit: Three block walk from the 3rd Street C-Train stop.
Description: Ki Modern Japanese & Bar offers an exceptional menu of classic and contemporary Asian fare. In the stunning new Jamieson Building, close to shopping, major hotels and offices, Ki promises a variety of experiences. Guests may choose from an extensive selection of sushi, sashimi, makimono and kushiyaki, as well as Ki's own signature hot and cold plates. Wine and sake lists are designed to complement the cuisine and servers play guides through a relaxed, interactive and intriguing experience. Whether in the dining room, at the sushi bar, in the spectacular lounge, or people-watching on the sunny patio, Ki promises to be one of Calgary's most unique and dynamic dining destinations.
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Outstanding!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

From the moment we walked in until we left we fell in love with Ki. The staff were polite and friendly, offering us a taste of complimentary rolls. Each order was delicious, I love the modern twist on sushi! My boyfriend is not a fan of nori, so they offered a couple of different rolls for him to try with other papers, which was wonderful!! I wrote a review on Open Table about how much we loved our first experience at Ki and the manager personally emailed me back to thank me! I call that great service!! We make it a point to eat here whenever we are in Calgary!!

• Visited May 2013

Atlanta
“Not the greatest”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

The place was busy - maybe this is a good sushi place for calgary but I was not impressed. Seemed expensive for the quality, and I had a piece of salmon nigiri that was dried out on one end (I hate that). I won't be back.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank dbernstein
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Among the best sushi I've had”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Creative rolls. Excelente service. Relaxed but elegant atmosphere. Definitely a place to visit in Calgary.

Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Japanese Cuisine Doesn't Get Much Better than This”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I've dined at Ki Toronto on several occasions but I enjoyed my visit to the Calgary branch of this upscale and modernist Japanese restaurant much better.

The decor is more subdued and the smaller rooms that make up the space meant noise levels were much more manageable (a real issue in Toronto!).

The service was impeccable from the time our group stepped through the front door. One of the highlights was the sake tasting which was conducted by the manager. I learned more about this unique Japanese beverage (though one of the selections was from the U.S.) in thirty minutes than I've gained in the last thirty years.

The food was no let down. The amuse bouche (or whatever it is called in a Japanese restaurant) was fantastic and we ordered a large plate with our entree. We relied on our waitress to bring a nice sampling of sushi, vegetables and meat and fish dishes. I can't say I was disappointed with any of them.

Ki is not cheap but in this instance you really get what you pay for.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank John B
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Good sushi and trendy decor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We had the lunch special sushi bento box, with a good selection of sushi and sashimi and some wakame salad. Very tasty and fish was fresh! The decor of the place is very trendy and we liked the atmosphere very much. We will be back here for a longer dinner to sample the rest of the menu.

Visited May 2013