“Maybe the best Mexican in Calgary!”
Review of Tu Tierra

Tu Tierra
Ranked #419 of 3,537 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Description: Southeast Calgary location. There are 2 in Calgary.
Denver, Colorado
“Maybe the best Mexican in Calgary!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We searched over and over again for good Mexican in Calgary-well I believe we've found it.
The portions were large and delish and decently priced.
Margs were good but had an odd taste.
Overall it was good enough to keep us coming back.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank travelingtoday

Calgary, Canada
“Best Mexican food Ive had outside mexico or cali”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Fantastic food, large authentic menu and good sized portions, larde mexican drink menu as well.
I recommend the Conchinita Pibul.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Shawn B
Calgary, Canada
“Best Mexican fare in Calgary”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Enchiladas verde? Authentic mole? Margaritas with real lime juice? You'll find all that and more Tu Tierra. A real Mexican restaurant run by Mexicans, I visit this place often when I'm in the area and always enjoy it. On my most recent visit I was please to see they have expanded the vegetarian section of their menu. Try this place if your in the area!

• Visited August 2013
“A very enjoyable meal!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I both like Mexican food and hadn't had time to find one we enjoyed in Calgary. Based on the reviews here we decided to try it on a Monday evening and have no regrets - we really enjoyed our meal.

It wasn't very busy (and it isn't very large) - - there were only 3 other tables filled in one of two small sections. As soon as we sat down we were served chips and salsa - the salsa had a nice bite to it. I ordered a Sol beer and the Seafood Burrito while my husband had Pacifico beer and the Enchiladas Verdes. My burrito was huge and came with a small side salad - my husband's dish came with 3 chicken enchiladas, re-fried beans and rice. Neither of us could finish our meals so serving portions were more than ample. My husband's first comment was - "This sauce is fantastic - try some!" I enjoyed my dish as well .

The surroundings are not fancy but the food was great and the service was solid - we'll be back!

• Visited August 2013
Regina, Canada
“Great Mexican!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Checked out this place with my wife and both really enjoyed ourselves! It's a bit out of the way but well worth the effort. i had some of the tacos Conchinita Pibil, which were very very good, i truly loved these. It was like Mexico for real! My wife had the chicken enchilada, which was good though maybe not as good as the tacos.
The staff were great, the atmosphere was simple and welcoming, BUT the best part was the mariachi band playing live! That was a topper!
Will be back every time i'm in Calgary!

• Visited July 2013