“A Foodie's Heaven in Calgary”
Review of Home Tasting Room - CLOSED

Home Tasting Room
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Centre Street
Transit: Home Tasting Room is located one block South of both the 1st Street and Centre Street C-Train Line stops.
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'm going to do my best to try and explain how outstanding the meal i had at Home Tasting Room was this evening. From beginning to end, my palette enjoyed the sweet fruit flavors infused in each course. From the blueberry tea with grand marnier, to the Artisan greens with the Raspberry Vinaigrette....then to the Goat Cheese & Roasted Garlic Raviolis with Lemon Butter and Cranberries...and finishing with the Lemon and Vanilla Rice Pudding with touches of Berry Coulis....i mean do i need to explain more about the food? Actually i do!! Several people will probably knock this restaurant because of the lack of food options, but I say that a limited menu will allow the restaurant to perfect their dishes...and did they ever. Try not to miss this restaurant in your visit to Calgary. If you live in Calgary and haven't been here, GO!! It's a comfortable feeling in the restaurant and so relaxing. I loved everything about the Home Tasting Room, and so thankful for one of the most unique and delicious dining experiences I've had.

2  Thank PhoenixRising7
There are newer reviews for Home Tasting Room

Reviewed April 12, 2013

When visiting Calgary, we signed onto TripAdvisor and thought this restaurant sounded like a good bet. We hopped onto the C-Train to get there and a short block later, we arrived. We were not disappointed! The menu includes Starters, Tasting Plates, Dinner Plates and current features. I had the parsnip, pear and vanilla oil soup and the beet salad. Both were starters. They both were incredible (5 out of 5). My husband had the featured tomato soup and the goat cheese and garlic ravioli with lemon sauce and cranberries. The tomato soup was a 4 out of 5 and ravioli was a 5 out of 5. Service was friendly, attentive but not obtrusive. We liked the atmosphere of the room with the kitchen open for everyone to see. Washrooms impeccibly clean. If we lived here, we'd be here more often!

1  Thank suedavis
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Today I enjoyed lunch and a couple beers with a close friend. Service was out standing... They were even trying to take plates that still had things on them. I found that pretty funny.

For lunch we ordered

buffalo tartar(i think thats what it was : So amazing, it's a must have.

Oysters: I'm not an oyster lover but these things were so good that we ordered more.

Scallops: these were served on some sort of heavenly mash with pine nuts. Once again I'm not a huge fan of pine nuts, but DAMNNNNNNN how they make them taste so good.

Meat plater: I'm never a fan of meat platers, unless there is 2X more cheese then meat. So I decided not to eat much of it.

All N all It was the best lunch I have had in 6 months to a year. I'd suggest everyone to try this place. All N all $160 for lunch may be steep to some people but i found it well worth it. It's such a shame that it took me so long to experience this gem.

Enjoy your feast

1  Thank Tyler A
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The food and service were superb. I had a late lunch of duck confit with a peanut sauce, which was beyond delicious. Lovely salad as well. The menu is varied and I could have eaten my way through it with delight. Only complaint is that they started cleaning up the rest of the restaurant while I was still eating. Made me feel like perhaps I should hurry.

1  Thank sistahsays
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I enjoyed lunch at Home Tasting Room many months ago and wanted to go there for my birthday dinner with friends. As expected, the food was absolutely delicious. Our table shared the tomato soup, gnocchi, and foie gras sliders and followed up with main dishes (lamb shoulder, duck, and tenderloin). Everything was cooked to perfection and very tasty. The food will bring us back, but unfortunately our server that night was sub par. He was very slow and didn't seem very professional considering the class of restaurant. (He forgot one of the items we ordered, poured wine across the table, took a long time to clear empty dishes, etc.)