“I love this place”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Centre Street
Transit: Home Tasting Room is located one block South of both the 1st Street and Centre Street C-Train Line stops.
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I've been travelling to Calgary since August 2012 and coming to Home Tasting Room on a regular basis. What can I say? This place is awesome. I crave the food when I return home. The wine selections are fabulous. And, the food is amazing. I've ordered the braised short ribs and the lamb and everytime it is amazing. Everything is so fresh. The service is very good too. I highly recommend this place!!

1  Thank luv_vino_trvl

Reviewed December 23, 2012

This place is great. The decor is simple and welcoming. One big open room with a big open kitchen you can see from your table.

The food was unreal. The foie gras sliders were amazing. The beef tartar the best. Very thing we had was just awesome. Oh and I can't forget the oysters. Yum.

The service was great. From our greeting at the door to at our table. We didn't wait for anything.

Thanks for the great experience

1  Thank Nkeeler
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Excellent quality of food. Service was second to none. Clean, modern design. If you're looking for comfort food, this is not the place. Food is very creative and artfully presented and might seem over the top to someone liking plainer fare.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I invited some busienss client for lunch at Home Tasting Room. Neither had eaten there before, so it was a good choice. Each of us had a different entree - one had their mac and cheese (not your Mom's mac and cheese) which he found delightful and the other two had the daily special, which was excellent. The service was very good and the ambiance pleasant. I would bring my business clients here again.

2  Thank YYC_traveler_10
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Enjoyed Home Tasting Room tonight. Three in our party, each ordered a different item of the menu and all were happy. One diner, who loves chicken pot pie and orders it everywhere he goes (travels across the US and internationally for work) declared it the best chicken pot pie he'd eaten in his life. I had the arctic char on truffle scented risotto and it was brilliantly. Our other diner ordered the special for the evening, pickerel, and was very pleased as well. I started with the beet salad with Sylvan Star Gouda and it was perfection. The earthiness of the beets came through strongly and wasn't covered up by too many other ingredients. This was a focused and balanced dish. We ordered two of the warm cinnamon cake with sour cream ice cream and it was lovely, but perhaps less stunning that the entrees. Service was excellent and attentive even though the restaurant was busy. Our food also came very quickly. An excellent evening!

1  Thank jameus