“Help Needed!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Calgary 4th Ave

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Calgary 4th Ave
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Calgary 4th Ave is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 3,490 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 3rd Street
Transit: Located a mere 3 blocks from the 7th Avenue C-Train line. Closest stations are located at 1st St SW (McKnight - Westwinds) and 3rd St SW (Somerset - Bridlewood/Crowfoot).
Edmonton, Alberta
“Help Needed!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I was at this location on November 18th and need to comment on the service that night. This was by far the worst dining experience I have ever had at the Keg. I asked for lemon with my Pepsi and the server forgot it, I have worked in the service industry for almost 10 years now and understand that sometimes things like this happen but when I asked for them I decided after 20 minutes to go to the bar myself and just ask. I understand people get busy. The bartender looked at me but went back to talking to his friends (or customers he was very close with) and did not come over and talk to me for 5 minutes, then proceeded to roll his eyes at me for asking for lemons. I was there with 5 other coworkers as we were all in Calgary for work for the week. Our drinks were constantly empty, and once we received our meal (approx.. 45- 50 min after ordering), we received nothing till I said something to a manager. Almost none of the food was correct but since no one came around to see how our meals were they were mostly eaten. Mine was the worst though as I ordered my steak medium rare, when it came out it was still cold in the middle. I finally flagged down our server and to tell her my meat was not cooked properly. She was not very helpful and I had to explain why my meat was under done. She took it away and after 15 minutes brought it back and asked me to cut into it. At that point it was leather. I have never heard of cooking the same piece of meat. Not only that but my mash potatoes had a nice crust on top of them as if they just sat under a heat lamp to dry out. When I finally tasted the steak it tasted as if it had been microwaved and then thrown on the grill as the cut piece of meat I had not eaten previously was not stuck to the plate and dried out. I was thoroughly disgusted and finally just gave up as the dinner was not going well. Finally a manager came by started clearing plates, at that point I let him know the issues. He tried to make things better by offering me a new meal but at that point everyone else had finished eating, and then dessert but no one wanted anything and we all just wanted to leave. I had been to the Keg in Edmonton a few times but this one in Calgary was awful. I didn’t have to pay for my meal but since I didn’t eat anything that just seemed right. I strongly recommend that the staff is better trained in customer service or at least how to handle food complaints.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sunshinekissed

Calgary, Canada
“Nice decor but expensive.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

When you walk into The Keg the decor and staff are inviting. You sit down and look at the over priced menu. The steaks are great but are they 30$ worth. No! The food is great but don't go to The Keg if you are on a tight budget.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Sydney S
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“I love steak!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

This restaurant is great if you have Celiac Disease (like me!) or a gluten allergy. They totall cater to you. If you ask any server, they know all the ingredients of all their products.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Lisa T
Calgary , Canada
“a pleasent alternative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

having been turned off by the Wurst , we tried the Keg , had an exellent Meal , good Service for probably half the price. Way to go The Keg.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank duslbeck
Regina, Canada
“An old favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

What can I say it's the Keg! We always have excellent food, and friendly, knowledgeable staff. A sure thing when in need of a good meal.

Visited December 2012