“Great neighbourhood restaurant”

Cuisines: French
Alberta, Canada
“Great neighbourhood restaurant”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The food is nicely prepared and the service is good. My friend had the lobster macaroni and cheese and I had the lamb shank, both were delicious. The restaurant has a dozen or so tables, and they fill up quickly for lunch. My only criticism is that the restaurant's acoustics are loud, so I found it a little challenging to hear my friend speak if there was much back ground noise.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank wbsAlberta

calgary
“M-M-Marvelous & Magnifique!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

A trip to Paris for two; at the cost of $40 or less? (travel included!)
Tres Bien & Oh La La!
One of our 'Best Ever Local favorites'; on our family and friends 'places to celebrate at'.
Whether as a family, with business friends or for a 'solo self indulgence treat';
have fun in their cafe which offers delicious food in a cosmo atmosphere.
Very nice, creative and casual; from their baked on site scrumptious fresh pastries, to their colorful lovingly made by their Parisian trained chef.
Their menu holds variety of many gastronomic delights; whether one has a delicate,
gourmand or meat and potatoes palate.
Both 'provincale and cafe metro' feel; even if just for 'a nice espresso and pastry'.
Bon appetite!

PS: Do check out:
1) Their website www.patisseriedusoleil.com ... They have gift cards too!
2) Alas...as we're now all adults just at home; we haven't sampled the next offer...yet we've
heard from our neighbours and many parents @ the nearby schools that 'The P. du Soleil'
has a most brilliant, yummy and unique 'lunch delivery program' set up for children.

If I see you there; I'll be eating sampling at least 3 items, just to make sure I have this review right.

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank YUMtummyinCALGARY
Calgary, Canada
“Great little French bakery and diner..”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Originally was planning to go to the Flat Crepe which used to be next door, but is now closed, and was delighted to see this place right around the corner. My wife had the eggs florentine which she loved and I had the breakfast sandwich. I think it would be better served on a croissant but was still very tasty! Also had a cappuccino and beignets (little french timbits covered in powered sugar that you dip in their home made jam!) Yum! A great breakfast. And the service was outstanding. Will return for sure!

• Visited December 2012