WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersBronze level
reford, United Kingdom
“Go somewhere else!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

First of all, most of the staff is rude and unhelpful.
When we asked for the complementary shuttle to the airport (supposed to run every half hour) an annoyed clerk told us that it doesn't run regularly and that we needed to book it one day in advance and call if we wanted to be picked up. So basically, if you count on that shuttle to be picked up after a 12 hours fly, well, forget what they say on the hotel website and get a cab!

Breakfast: no labeled food whatsoever, you don't know what you're eating and if you have any kind of allergy or other dietary requests, don't count on anyone to answer any question. You can drop dead for what they care.
They constantly run out of everything (coffee, glasses, hot water..) but don't seem to care.
The room cannot accomodate all the guests, so we end up having our morning coffe standing next to the bar.
NB:
In the reservation we stated our dietary requests: nothing happened. Next couple of days we asked the staff: we received annoyed/sarcastic answers, and still no dietary requests satisfied. In the end we complained with the manager, who only after the words "I could end up in the hospital" showed up, and took great care to apologize. Very nice, but to this day we are still waiting for something to eat at breakfast. We can only suppose that she wanted to be sure we didn't want to sue, and once established that we didn't want to cause problems, she went back to her business without do a thing.

The kitchenette in the room is completely empty - not a spoon, a fork or a dish.

Washer/dryer facility also are listed among the "services" on the hotel website, but in reality you have to pay to use it. Even worse, when we asked the staff to change some money to use it, they gave us a bunch of quarters, that later on we discovered useless (machines operate only with "loonies").

The room is the only nice thing at the hotel, but is not enough to justify the price - there are plenty of other places to choose from, especially if you don't like to have to deal with ill-mannered, impolite staff members and a very poor-quality service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Paola C
Kim R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Paola, Thank you for speaking with me when you were at the hotel and letting me know about your concerns. I'm very sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit and didn't appreciate the food that I personally went out and purchased for all your vegan and gluten free dietary needs. I can assure you that our staff do care about our guests and I am truly sorry that you didn't receive this feeling during your visit. Clearly we did not meet your expectations and I hope the balance of your trip is more enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Riverview, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Stayed one night as we were catching a flight early the following morning.
Room was clean and comfortable with all amenities, including a mini fridge and a shuttle service is provided to the airport.
As our flight was early, we had to head out before the breakfast was available, but we were given a small bag lunch (piece of fruit, juice, muffin, pastry) when we checked out.

As I had to return my rental car to the airport the same day I checked in, they even shuttled me back from the airport.
As I said .... No complaints here, they went out of their way for us and it was greatly appreciated.
I would certainly recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank c0verdale
Kim R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Reading such nice comments coming from a Top contributor such as yourself always make us feel proud of what we do and motivate us to keep giving our 100% for each and every guest. I’m glad you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed your visit while in Calgary. We look forward to see you on your next visit to Calgary and I hope you have time to enjoy our delicious Hot Breakfast Buffet before you head out next time.
Yantai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

The hotel is clean and comfortable. The close proximity to the airport is a plus. The beds are great. Gabi in the lounge is an outstanding server! Albin at the front desk is also a huge asset to this hotel. Now if they can just get the shuttle service running well, they will be in top form.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mr. Wood, thank you for taking the time to post your review and comments on Tripadvisor. I have passed on your comments to both Gabi and Albin, and thanked them for delivering superior customer service. I understand that we missed you on the initial shuttle trip and this caused the 10 min. delay from the requested time. I am hopeful too that the shuttle will meet your expectation on your next visit. Thank you for your continued support of our hotel.
Lumby, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed at the Freeport several times and each time we book a king suite. This time we were disappointed in the attention to detail in our room. The fireplace glass was filthy, mould in the shower and a shelf missing in the bathroom. Admittedly, these are not major issues, but unexpected in a deluxe room. I hope this is not an indication of a slide in quality that some very popular high end hotels succumb to.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your past stay At the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. I’m really sorry to hear that our King Suite was not up to the standards as it has been in the past. I will personally follow up with my housekeeping and maintenance staff to prevent this kind of situation from happening in the future. Rest assured that our quality expectations remain the same and your comments won’t be left unheard. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and to provide you with the same quality you have received in the past.
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was simply a fantastic hotel. The front desk clerk was so friendly, professional, and helpful. It is in an excellent location, the rooms are nicely done and sparkling clean, and the beds were very comfortable.

The breakfast was amazing! Lots to choose from! And the pool was excellent too - the kids loved the waterside.

This is the only place I will stay at when I visit Calgary from now on.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor at the end of the hallway, and didn't hear much for noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind comments and for your amazing 5/5 review! Reading at titles such as “Best hotel stay of my life” is the best reward we could receive and always draws a huge smile in our faces at the end of the day. We are honored to know this has been at the very top of your hotel stays and we look forward to see you again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

The only issue I had was they missed my wake up call one morning.
The hotel was great staff were friendly and it was clean.
The Airdrie Rodeo Royalty program is very grateful for their hospitality
They are an amazing sponsor and the manager is great

• Stayed June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I am very sorry to hear that we missed a wake up call on one of your mornings. I'm pleased to see that our friendly staff made up for this error and overall you enjoyed your visit. We are very proud to have Rodeo Royalty staying with us and I'm sure the Airdrie Pro rodeo was a great success!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Excellent service, the hot breakfast was AMAZING! The beds and rooms were clean and also really nice! I really enjoyed my stay at this Best Western, the premier is the best one I have stayed in on the Best Western branch!

Room Tip: West rooms were great, AC worked well
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your rating and Amazing comments. I'm pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit and had time to sample the complimentary hot breakfast. We are very proud to have Rodeo Royalty staying with us and I'm sure the Airdrie Pro rodeo was a great success!