“Absolutely The Best place to stay close to Calgary airport!”

Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Reserve and your room is ready with a quick check in and just what you requested! Clean room, great bed, fabulous breakfast with hot choices and something for everyone! No room service BUT you can phone and order at the restaurant in the hotel then just walk a few steps to pick it up! Good food too! All this and friendly service AND a shuttle...hummm why would you stay anywhere else? Don't forget to get a Gold Card and collect points. Go on Best Western website for good prices!

Room Tip: all rooms have been fine the times we have stayed here. Not a place with a view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank freedom95
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you for your nice comments about your visit to the Best Western Premier. I'm really exited to hear that you loved your stay so much and that we made a lasting impression. We truly appreciate you naming us "The Best place to stay close to Calgary airport". We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Calgary

There are newer reviews for Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Arrival: Check in as quick and efficient

Room & breakfast: The room was very clean and had everything you need for a long stay and despite the airport only being one kilometer away the room was very quiet. It had everything you need for a long stay a small kitchenette with a microwave oven small sink etc. In addition the Wifi was a good speed too.

The pool: The pool was heated was a pleasure to relax in the afternoon.

Breakfast: The breakfast was really good with all the usual cereals, yoghurt's, fresh fruit, patties, omelet's, grits waffles and much more.

Comments: Overall I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat as it's clean quiet and really good value for money and it's close enough to Calgary city center and the Rockies are only an hour away by car. Hotels that deliver a good all round package as good this one are hard to find.

Tip:
There is a shuttle bus to and from the airport. We didn't use it as we hired a car so I can't tell you if it is free or not, I suspect it is though.

Room Tip: There is a shuttle bus to and from the airport and there is a heated pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RoyandSue

Thank you for your kind review and comments about your past stay in the Best Western Premier. May I say how impressed I am with your review, its one for the most detailed reviews I have seen in a long time and I'm very glad to hear that you had a Premier experience! We really appreciate your recommendations and your 5/5 review.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed one night on quick trip to Calgary. New and well looked after. Breakfast was well above what normally you find with the included breakfast. Made to order omelettes with lots you can put in it. Many great options for breakfast. Pool was very warm with a fast waterslide and nice hot tub. Heard very little noise outside the room. It is out of the way in an industrial area so if you want to head anywhere including restaurants you need a car. Nicest Best Western I have stayed at.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Darrenzo1

We really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and review. I'm so pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our amenities including our complimentary hot breakfast buffet and our pool facilities! It is also extremely kind of you to rate us as the nicest Best Western you have stayed at!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

This trip combined business and pleasure, with my wife accompanying me. I have stayed at this hotel many times and find it consistently providing quality care and a professional staff. The breakfast included is exceptional. The custom-cooked omlets are worth the trip!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank DAN T

Dear Dan. Thank you for sharing your experience at the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites from your recent pleasure/business stay! We are glad to hear that you and your wife had another wonderful stay and that we were able to provide you the same customer service quality that you received on your past stays! We really appreciate your kind comments to our staff and the quality of our service. We hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I highly recommend this attractive hotel with it's excellent staff and lovely surroundings. It is very close to the airport in Calgary and the only thing that detracts is noise of the odd plane taking off.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Debbie M

Dear Debbie. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and comments about your stay with us. We really appreciate your recommendation and your kind compliments to our staff. I hope that you were able to enjoy the full potential of our hotel and that you enjoyed all of our amenities and service. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I travel very frequently to visit family and friends and this hotel makes my trip very comfortable. I love staying at this hotel. Very close to the airport, but you never hear any planes, well constructed.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Deb. Thank you for choosing the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites as your to go place to visit your family and friends! I like when I hear nice comments about the lack of airplane noise despite our close proximity to the airport. It's important to enjoy a quiet nights sleep. I really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and such a nice review about your visit with us. We hope to have you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

This hotel was beautiful. The complimentary breakfast was the best one I have ever had at any hotel. They made omlettes to order, and still had other hot items to choose from. The rooms were very nice, and the bathrooms were high quality. There isn't much of a view but this hotel is perfectly located between cross iron mills mall, and the Calgary Airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ernie1976

Dear Ernie. I really appreciate the very complimentary review and comments about your recent stay with us. Thank you for highlighting the high quality of our rooms along with our complimentary full breakfast. It made my day to hear that you rated us with the best complimentary breakfast you have had in any other hotel! I will make sure to pass on your kind comments to my breakfast staff!. Hope to see you again on your next visit to Calgary!