“Another great stay!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Central ALberta
“Another great stay!!”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stay here everytime we fly in or out of Calgary. The service is second to none, with a perfect location to the airport. Breakfast is always top notch and if you have to leave before the breakfast is open, they pack you a "to go box"!!! We have nothing but wondferful things to say about this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
I am so happy to hear that your stay with us was everything you have come to expect from us and more. Our staff is always happy to know that their wonderful service is valued and appreciated. I am also pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our “Boxed Breakfasts to Go” – a complimentary amenity we offer our guests who leave prior to six am when our complimentary breakfast buffet opens. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed December 4, 2013

So I had by far the worst travel day in my experience. Late flights, lost luggage, car buried under snow, travel advisories for area highways. It was bad. So I called the reservation centre and asked for the closest best western and they booked me in.
I took a taxi to the Freeport Inn as that was the closest one. The reservation centre booked me in at a best western far away from the airport.
The girls at the front desk were extremely accomodating, I was a mess but they helped me out, cancelled my reservation and got me a room at the Freeport inn. I am forever grateful to them.

The only downsides were the reservation centre and the guest washing machine. Someone had broken into it awhile ago and it still has problems working.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking your time to provide this valuable insight to our hotel. Our team is always happy and ready to help our guest’s bad days become positive ones. Our 24 hour on-site staff’s goal is to provide the best service possible to all who visit our property; I am so glad to hear that your stay was no exception. Thank you for notifying me about the coin laundry machine issues you had during your stay, we have since had the machines repaired. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to our staff as they are always pleased to know that their hard work is valued.
GUELPH
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The best western premier is a wonderful hotel in Calgary, we stayed the first night of our trip there in a whirlpool king suite, enjoyed an awesome evening in the lounge/restaraunt. The hotel is extremely clean, wonderful staff and Kim the general manager drove us to the airport as we ended up snowed in and stayed another night at the end of our trip. The last night we stayed, again wonderful dinner and accomodations.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! It was indeed a challenge for us trying to get around in the fantastic amount of snow that fell in such a short amount of time, I am just glad my 4x4 truck was up to the challenge. I am so happy that you were able to enjoy our hotel’s fantastic amenities including our on-site lounge. Our king sized whirlpool suites also offer an extra level of comfort for our travelers who need a bit of pampering after a long day. I am so happy you chose to stay another night with us as well; I look forward to your staying with us again!
halifax, Canada
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I needed a nice comfortable hotel for one night while in transition from the airport. This was a an excellent choice with free shuttle service and free breakfast. Had an amazing room and had no hassles with getting to and from the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Gail B
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to post your comments about how quick and easy it is to get to our location from the airport. Approx. 8 min. door to door is why many people choose to stay with us!
Mazatlan, Mexico
Reviewed November 22, 2013

New Best Western at North end of Calgary serving airport. Rated Premier but perhaps should be Plus. Pricing also more in the Plus than Premier range, so good value. All excellent except distance to restaurant if you are on foot,but shuttle will drop off and pick up good Italian place nearby, which is certainly a nice service. Very big hot breakfast

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for posting your review and rating cleanliness and service as 5's. We strive to deliver exceptional service as a Premier and consider cleanliness to be our customers top priority and so it is our top priority. I'm please that you found our pricing to be good value and hope that we will see you here again.
Regina, Canada
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights, the hotel was nice, clean and new. Another thing that we liked was they had complimentary breakfast buffet and the food was good. The only reason why we will most probably not going back is the terrible customer service we experienced during our stay. The concierge was less than accomodating, we arrived 45 mins early for check in, we were told it was not until 3 pm so we requested for an early check in instead but then informed the room was not ready yet. So okay, that was understandable, what can you do right? But the thing was, the receptionist's apology felt like it came out of his nose, didn't care at all. We waited in the lobby until the next hour, went back to the front desk at 3 o'clock on the dot, and still, told us that the room was not available. We did not demand nor complained for anything but, of course, we were not too happy about it. We were exhausted from an 8 hour drive and considering that was our first time staying in a Best Western we were expecting a little bit more after reading all the reviews. Anyways, on our last day, we phoned the front desk for a late check out for 12nn instead of their standard 11am but housekeeping knocked on our door four times between 8am-1100am asking if we are ready to check out. That was a tad too much for wanting to sleep in before our long drive back home.?Can't really blame the housekeeping though for trying to be efficient but obviously there was no communication between the hotel staff.

• Stayed November 2013
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
I am so pleased that you took the time to provide me with feedback about the lack of service and sincerity from our front desk staff. I can only address these kind of issues if our guest let me know and I can assure you I will be following up with our team and using your information to coach them on all of your disappointments in service. I am very sorry and truly hope that you will come back and give us another chance to demonstrate Premier service! Please call and ask for the General Manager on you next visit to Calgary.
Yellowknife
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Very positive experience.
True Calgary hospitality.
Friendly competent staff: front desk, maintenance, housekeeping, kitchen, and dining room staff!
Complementary breakfast wonderful: omelette and waffle stations. Full breakfast.
Dinner service and menu very good.
Kitchen and serving staff work to meet individual needs.
Rooms clean and kept clean.
Staff at this hotel know their responsibilities and take pride in their work.
I will choose this hotel again.

Stayed November 2013
May Carol, I really appreciate hearing your comments about our team and the service they delivered to you during your visit. I will be sure to share this posting with my staff. We look forward to your return visit and I hope I have the opportunity to meet you.