“Perhaps the Best Value in Calgary”

Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston
“Perhaps the Best Value in Calgary”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Calgary's downtown hotels are quite expensive so I was pleasantly surprised to find this hotel on a recent business trip. Located near the airport and Deerfoot Trail (the major north/south freeway), I found it a very convenient base no matter where I had to go in town. My room was bright, cheerful and clean. I found the lobby lounge to be a great place for a drink and quick meal. Best of all, for Calgary, the price was reasonable. Overall, a very pleasant experience. One note for the business traveler; this place does attract families with kids so don't expect the atmosphere you'd find downtown.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Bryan T
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Bryan thank you for posting a business travellers point of view about the Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn and Suites. I appreciate you commenting on how convenient our location is to get anywhere in Calgary and just 10 min. to the airport. I hope that I will have the opportunity to meet you on your future visits.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on an overnight going home from vacation. We called from the airport and was picked up within 10 min. Lee picked us up and was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is close to the airport. check in was quick, also by Lee because the other lady working was busy. The rooms have a nice decor and are clean. We went down to the lobby bar & restaurant for a drink and dinner which was good, that is also were they have breakfast which is also a nice selection of hot and cold items. The beds and pillow are very comfortable.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank chungo12
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and comments about the Best Western PREMIER Freeport Inn and Suites. I'm glad that you found the quick airport pick-up and delivery made our location convenient for your post vacation hotel choice. I will be sure to inform Lee that his service left a lasting impression with you. I hope we see you again soon.
Regina, SK, Canada
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Our family of 2 adults and 2 children spent two nights at the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites and we could not have been happier.

Check-in was a breeze and the 2 queen room was just as requested (including a rollaway bed we had asked for). Room was spotless and modern.

Indoor swimming pool was on the small side but we were the only ones in there at the time so we had a great time in the heated (really really warm) pool and fun waterslide.

Gym was small but had a treadmill, elliptical machine, stationary bike, a small universal gym, and enough free weights.

Hotel has a breakfast area / evening bar and restaurant. The breakfast was amazing!! We were up very early each morning for a swim meet and we were the first ones in the breakfast area each morning at 6:15am. The breakfast area was fully stocked (muffins, bagels, waffle machine, yogurts, fruit, coffee, milk, juice, etc and they also had a 'hot items' area with sausages, eggs, hashbrowns and the attendants would also prepare an omelet for you and you were allowed to choose from about a dozen items to go into your omelet. All of the breakfast employees were fantastic!

I could go on further but will just say we had zero complaints about this hotel.

Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Natronic774
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your top rating and comments about your recent visit for a sporting event. It is great to hear how much your family enjoyed the facilities and the Full Hot breakfast that was included in your room rate. I hope you have another excuse to come to Calgary in the near future and will join us again.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I am quite surprised by the ranking of this hotel as the #1 hotel in Calgary. It is a new hotel a shuttle ride from the airport overlooking a large Toyota dealership or a commercial warehouse. No restaurants to walk to, no atmosphere, no nothing. If you need a hotel for one night before you have an early flight it makes sense. Otherwise I woud not recommend staying at this hotel or for that matter any hotel close to the Calgary airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank see31350
I am very disappointed that we didn't come close to meeting your expectations. We realize that our location does not have the best view and highlight that our location is convenient for getting to the airport - 8 min. door to door, Cross Iron Mills shopping centre, Stoney Trail (East/West ring road) and Deerfoot Trail. I'm sorry we were not able to demonstrate the quality and service that has placed us as the number 1 hotel in Calgary on Trip Advisor. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed April 28, 2013

No complaints at all. Clean and roomy. Loved the fireplace in our king suite. The free breakfast complete with omelette bar was above our expectation. Never met a cranky staff member. Especially liked Lee and Sara, who both helped us at the desk and drove the (free) shuttle. They were fabulous. The location was a little out of the way, but between the excellent shuttle service and the great Calgary public transportation system, we did just fine without a rental car. Hopefully will have opportunity to stay again.
The only reason I put average for room service and spa was because we didn't use these.

Room Tip: I don't know if there would be a bad room. We were extremely close to the elevator and we heard...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NewTraveller039
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I am truly blessed to have great staff and when I read comments like yours I feel very proud to have such a great team. I will be sure to let Lee and Sara know they were singled out on your review. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your stay and I too hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again in the near future.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed here with my family in December 2013 before we left for Mexico. The hotel is clean, rooms are awesome the two way fireplace was a nice touch. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We ate dinner in the restaurant and it was quite good. The included breakfast was quite good and started early enough that we could get a hot meal before catching our flight. They even had a lady making omelets! One very nice perk was that you could park your vehicle there for a charge while we went to Mexico for a week and it was a very reasonable price. The included airport shuttle made it so convenient for my family to be able to just call them when we were ready to go and not wait around at the airport like we had to in the past for other hotels. I would recommend this hotel to anyone in Calgary and we will be staying here again this year before our next Xmas vacation even though we live in Calgary just because they made getting to and from the airport so easy and convenient for early morning flights.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hola! I am so pleased that you started your Mexican vacation with us even though you live in Calgary. Our sleep and fly package works great for guests that want to get an early start to their vacation and avoid the dreaded early morning drive and park to the airport. We look forward to your return in December.