“Great Airport Hotel...parking can be an issue”

Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times now and it is a great place to stay when you are flying out of YYC. It offers an excellent breakfast starting @ 6:00 a.m. and provides a comfortable free shuttle to the airport. The rooms are excellent and there is a nice little bar/restaurant as well. The only issue I have is the hotel has limited parking space available for leaving your vehicle for a few days until you are back and they don't seem to have an organized system for booking the space. On the last two occasions I pre-booked the additional parking days and they had no record of it. Also on this stay I asked to book the 6:00 a.m. shuttle and they told me it was full so I said I would just take a cab to the airport then. In the morning at 5:50 a.m. I asked them to order me the cab and somehow the 6:00 a.m. shuttle has space...in fact my son and I were the only two people on the shuttle. Apparently they had 18 people booked for the 6:30 a.m. shuttle, not sure why the confusion around the 6:00 a.m. shuttle. Other than the parking and shuttle confusion the hotel is excellent and I am sure they will eventually organize their parking and shuttle bookings better.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Glen P
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for your continued support of our hotel and for taking the time to post your comments and review. Please accept my apology for the parking issues you have encountered. I will be taking your feedback about our parking management very serious and work to make improvements to the system that is currently in place. I am also sorry that the shuttle service was not flawless as this is a very easy system and can only guest that the larger group may have changed their departure time thus opening up the 6am slot. Again, I want to thank you for your continued support and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We booked a small getaway for my husband and myself in a jacuzzi room. The room was beautiful and we had a great stay. Checking in and out was so simple and the staff were very friendly. During our stay, several housekeeping staff went out of their way to ask if everything was okay or wish me a good day. The kitchen staff were great as well - they truly wanted us to enjoy the wonderful breakfast which was the BEST continental breakfast I've ever seen with a full breakfast for everyone's tastes and preferences. Everyone from the gentleman mopping the floors in the lobby to the lady who brought us up a bottle opener had smiling faces and looked as if they enjoyed their jobs and wanted us to have a great stay. It felt like we had booked a stay at a resort! I would definitely stay here again. The beautiful decor is enjoyable, but it is the staff that make this hotel a great place to stay - I hope the staff get an opportunity to hear this positive feedback.

1  Thank della7200
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Della, As I am reading your posing we are having a nasty spring storm and your comments are definitely a bright spot in my day! I am so fortunate to have a wonderful team working for me and treating our guests in the way you described. It is with great pride that I will pass your comments onto all departments and thank them for jobs well done. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and a review.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and couldn't have chosen a more friendly and accommodating team. From the check in/check out staff, to the cleaners and kitchen staff. Thank you so much for making out stay with you so memorable. It is your point of difference for sure. The room was lovely and quiet which was our request, and the breakfast was a superb start to our day. No complaints about the room....all excellent.

Room Tip: If you like a quiet room, ask, very accommodating staff
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Hi Sandie, I really appreicate your kind works about our staff and the service you recieved during your 2 day visit. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our staff in the Front Office, Housekeeping and Restaurant. Thank you for your time in posting your review and comments.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The stay was nice, the room was beautiful. We stayed in the jacuzzi room and it was a very romantic and a needed quiet experience for my wife and I. We would have given a five star but they had problems honouring the package we had booked (long story) so we felt a bit put off. Nonetheless, we recommend this hotel for all the other reasons and more.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing us for a romantic get away in the City. Our Jacuzzi Suites are very well laid out with a view of the fireplace and 42" HDTV from the tub. But best of all are the french doors that close off the Jacuzzi from the room if you want privacy. Sorry to hear about the reservation issues and I am pleased to see that it didn't affect your impression of the hotel overall.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

After having a terrible experience at a Best Western Plus Westwood Inn in Edmonton, Alberta. We had to stop travelling home because of the weather. We stumbled upon this hotel and were concerned because of our last experience at Best Western. This however was night and day. After hearing our story they took very good care of us, making us feel safe, secure and well taken care of. Thank you to all the kind people we encountered!

Room Tip: The king suite was very comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Hi Carla, I truly enjoy hearing stories about how impressed people are with our staff here at the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. Thank you for sharing your experience and I hope you will continue to try other Best Westerns on your future travels. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Calgary.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My second stay at this place, very accommodating staff. Very comfortable beds, clean washrooms.Free Breakfast offered is too good.Nice bar and restaurant. Very good facilities.
Free internet and parking is much appreciated

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for recommending others to stay with us based on your experiences at our hotel. I always like to hear comments about our staff being accommodating and strive to deliver personalized service for all our guests. Please be sure to say hello the next time you are with us.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed here in March 2013. The hotel is brand new and The rooms are so clean with very luxurious furnishings. Everything is granite, even the desks and night tables.Location was good to city centre and airport and they provide free shuttle to airport. Food was good with variety of choice and omrett service by the order. Free parking and internet. I would definitely recommand this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

I'm so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your visit and want to thank you for taking the time to post your comments for everyone to reveiw. I am always happy to hear when a guest finds our location to be convenient for their needs. We look forward to your next visit.