“Excellent hotel, beautiful rooms, good restaurant, free shuttle.”

Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Chosen due to early morning flight but loved this hotel, gets all boxes ticked, and that taking into account it is an airport hotel so not in downtown Calgary. Huge free car park. Impressive large building, but yes is in an industrial area, not an ugly one, so no problem. At check-in the young male staffmember was lovely. Genuinely interested, helpful and efficient. All staff pleasant. We knew the hotel was very new but it is still in immaculate condition and room fitouts should set the benchmark. Has elevators and a Grill Restaurant and bar. Spacious air-conditioned room had good lighting, free wifi worked always, opulently furnished, spotlessly clean. Not a blemish anywhere. The extremely large and comfortable bed had beautiful linens and lounge furniture was comfortable and tasteful. The large bathroom had a vanity bench and lots of storage underneath. This hotel room fitout was intelligent and user/guest friendly. The wet bar had mini-frig, a microwave, coffee maker and china mugs. My husband who only notices what is missing in hotels usually, waxed lyrical about the TV. Brand new too and LG brand but huge and he said the colour and picture superb. So he could have watched baseball there forever. The Grill opened at 5 PM and menu choices varied and our meals were excellent as was service from attentive wait staff. Bar and tables full as was hotel. Some young families stayed at hotel same time as us so I think as suited to families as business travellers or couples. We took the free shuttle to airport at 5.30 AM next morning and had a wake up call on time and short trip to airport hassle free. Highly recommend the Freeport. We had a wonderful stay there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank POLLYANNA57
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for a superb review and comments about practically every aspect of our hotel. I am so please to hear how much you enjoyed the quality of our facility and the service you received. It is wonderful to hear when we meet or exceed our guests expectations.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,565)

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Arriving after a long flight at 10pm ( 5 a.m.body clock time) this hotel was exactly what we needed. An immaculate, quality room with two very comfortable queen beds,and surprisingly quiet given its location. The breakfast was good, with a freshly cooked omelette bar in operation and there were a number of quality facilities we did not use.......swimming pool, fitness room and shuttle service etc. Reception staff were friendly and very helpful. An excellent start to the trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank oaklyn

It is wonderful to hear that we could provide you with a warm receptioun to start your vacation in Calgary. We appreciate you taking the time to post your review and comments about the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed here on 2 separate occasions and were very satisfied both times. The staff is courteous and the rooms are comfortable, clean and up-to-date. The complementary breakfast is more than adequate for all tastes and the shuttle bus insures easy access to and from the airport.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CBRich117

I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and a review of the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. I'm pleased to see that we met all your needs as an arrival and departure airport hotel.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Even though I was several hours early the check-in was smooth and efficient. I went up to the room to relax. The room was large and clean. There were 2 queen sized beds that were very comfortable and a chair with ottoman. There was also a microwave, refrigerator and safe along with other items.
Off the lobby is a business center where you can use a "public" computer and printer which came in handy when I needed to print out my boarding pass.
The lounge/restaurant is nice and opens around 4pm. The food selection is not large but sufficient to find something you might like. The prices are reasonable and the service was good.
The breakfast selection was very good. My only criticism is that most of the food is on two back-to-back counters but the egg-station is bit off to one side and not very obvious. Also the juices are located in a third place. Some signs indicating this would be nice.

Internet connection was fast.
Check-out was quickly completed.

I found the staff to be friendly and quickly addressed any questions.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank njslim

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and comments about your visit to our property. I'm please to see that you experienced a number of our services and found that they met your needs. I will take your comments about signage for the multiple stations of our full, hot complimentary breakfast into consideration.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This past weekend my 9 year old daughter and I took off for a weekend get away before school and sports took over our weekends till next summer. We travelled from Edmonton to Calgary with the plan of going to the zoo. We searched for kid friendly hotels in Calgary and the Best Western Premier Freeport was highly rated.

The Hotel: The hotel appears to be quite new. The lobby and all common areas were clean and modern, as would be expected in a new hotel. The indoor pool was large and had a tall water slide that even I got a rush from and the fitness was well equipped

Check in: I booked the room using Expedia a day before and arrived at about 4:30 pm saturday afternoon. There was no one in the lobby and three clerks at the front desk. I presented the credit card I booked the room with and in under 3 minutes we were in the elevator on our way to the room.

The Room: the room was exactly as expected; clean, modern, large, with two queen sized beds that had wonderful pillow top mattresses. There was a safe, large flat screen tv and maybe a microwave and coffee make. There was also a large easy chair with ottoman that was a nice alternative to sitting on the bed or at the desk.

The Restaurant: We decided to have supper in the Liberty Lounge restaurant in the hotel, I had the rustic cod and my daughter had the Caesar salad. The food was very good and the price reasonable. The staff friendly and the service fast
On Sunday morning we took advantage of the complimentary breakfast. There was definitely something for everyone: an omelette bar, hot food, a waffle griddle, free fruit and pastries and lots more. Really a great breakfast .

Overall this is a wonderful hotel, well situated and reasonably priced. As with any new hotel it is difficult to find fault with the building, the grounds or the furnishings. Any possible fault would be with the staff. I did have one minor incident with the front desk staff that left me annoyed. The hotel web site clearly states ( twice ) that all rooms include bathrobes. Our room did not have bathrobes and when I enquired at the front desk I was told our room did not qualify. When I quoted what I read on the web site all three clerks looked at each other and said almost in unison that I was wrong. Obviously this has happened before. One clerk did finally agree to "take a look" and went back to the office for a moment or two, pretty sure the clean laundry isn't kept there. It was no surprise that there were no robes for me.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for your review and comments about your recent stay at our property. While the majority of your stay met your expectations I will apologize for the lack of response by our staff to a very simple request. Whether the robe was included in your room or not we should have reacted with providing you with a robe and your stay would have been complete. Your feedback will be used to coach our team on “Listening and responding with empathy” to guests comments and requests. I truly hope that you will come back to stay with us again for another girls weekend away.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The rooms, the service and the breakfasts were all great. Free soft drinks and internet/email access were added surprise bonuses. The team were all friendly and very efficient. I'd happily stay here again and strongly recommend this hotel. The made to order omelettes for breakfast were very tasty.

Room Tip: We stopped in 208 then 224. Both were excellent.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank NorthumberlandJulieR

I truly appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and review of your stay with us. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and our made ot order omelette station. I hope you will come back and stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

New hotel with up to date decor.
Best 'free' breakfast I have had with excellent coffee and made to order - omelettes.
Free shuttle that is available quickly.
Reasonable price for stay.
Did not use the pool but photos look nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sue n

Thank you for your review and comments about the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. I'm pleased to hear how much you enjoyed our made to order omelette station. We look forward to your next visit.