“fantastic place to stay”

Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 23, 2012

this was a delightful night at a great hotel . amazing value for money . Firstly thank to the gentleman on the front desk ( sorry did not get your name ) who let us check in 3 hours early . We had just travelled from Hawaii and after 3 flights in total we were shattered . He had us organised with our key and information quickly and we were absolutely delighted with the room.
spacious and comfortable , this is a new hotel and the decor and furnishings are lovely . The beds are amazing and after having very little sleep for 3 nights prior to this , it really was like sleeping on a cloud. The taffiff includes breakfast and internet as well as a shop with some complimentary items. We had dinner in the cafe lounge there and the food was quite nice and organised quickly . The location is very close to the airport and provides a shuttle service . There are no views to speak of but if want somewhere very comfortable at a great price , this is the spot. The pool area is fantastic with the water slide , my boys were in seventh heaven . I chose this spot after doing a bit of research on here, I needed somewhere close to the airport as I knew we were picking up a hire car and needed to get settled quickly as we would all be exhausted . I would imagine that for businesses this would be a great place to use for staff needed to travel to Calgary . It is definately a gem and I highly recomment it .

Room Tip: i only saw one room but based on the age of this hotel i don't think you can go wrong
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JULIE N
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for rating us with 5's accross the board. I am pleased that we could provide an oasis for comfort and relaxation after your vacation and long flights. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

This hotel was very comfortable and our room was well appointed. The pool area was attractive, and the waterslide was fast and fun for all ages. The breakfast was incredible. Wow. We were expecting a continental breakfast and instead enjoyed a hot breakfast, complete with omelette bar plus continental options! This was our favourite hotel from a two week trip to Western Canada. The front desk staff seemed a little inexperienced and somewhat overwhelmed, but they were quite friendly and keen to be helpful.

Room Tip: A room looking west towards the mountains would be best.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MaryLou479

I am so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. It is very kind of you to recognize us as your favorite hotel from your two week holiday. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and a review.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed just one night after flying into Calgary from the UK. It's only minutes away from the airport which was ideally located for us.

Check in was quick and easy, staff courteous. Our room was nicely furnished, spacious, clean and comfortable.

Breakfast was excellent, everything we could have thought of was there, my husband even had a go at the self service waffles which were huge, at least by UK standards.

Good supply and choice of teas and coffee.

The only negative was the surly attitude of the man on reception as we checked out - guess he was having a bad day! (8.00 am).

We would certainly stay here again if flying into Calgary.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mazza-500
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review of the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. I really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and providing me with feedback about our staff at check out. I will be following up on this and emphasising that no matter what kind of day we may be having the guest can never know!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is not in the city proper, so we had no choice for dining. Nor was the area conducive for an after-dinner stroll. We had a very large, very clean modern room. It had everything a traveller might want. We did not use it, but there was a nice pool, gym, and laundry. Don't eat dinner there, it seemed that all the food was microwaved.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank greenjulie
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and review of our property. I'm pleased to hear that we have everything that a traveller might want and you found your room very clean and modern. I do appologize for your dining experience did not meet your expectation and I will ensure your feedback is presented to our Chef and acted upon. I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We spent 1 night in this New BW Premier Hotel. Spotless facility. We had a big room with a very comfortable king size bed. Very clean and all amenities needed. Another plus is the breakfast. A good variety of choices with fresh omelettes made on the spot. Location is great if you have to be arround the Airport and not only; we were there by car, and the acces to the city was fast and easy. Great hotel, will be back next time we are in Calgary.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maxx G

I am pleased to read your review and hear how much you enjoyed your stay. I will pass on your comments that you found our hotel "Spotless" to my housekeepers, who work very hard to keep it that way. Thank you for your time and we look forward to your return visit to Calgary.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

the room was really clean, great beds, bathroom super clean, the breakfast excellent. the fitness center really useful, the swimming pool great. lounge and restaurant make the different. I stayed two day there for a meeting in Calgary, my wife loved it. we have stayed there back in December 2011 to catch a fly and it was excellent.

Room Tip: with fireplace
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Sergio L

I really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and giving us top marks in your review on Tripadvisor. I'm pleased that you found our facilities clean and the breakfast to be excellent. It's great to have return guests commenting on how much they enjoyed their stay.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I spent 3 nights at this hotel, and it is by far the best Best Western I've ever stayed at. The room was beautiful with a fireplace, a great breakfast provided, and a nice lounge and restaurant on the premises. The only drawback is the location, as it is in a area that is just beginning to be developed, and there isn't much else around it. But, it's only minutes from the airport and a short drive to downtown Calgary. It has a nice pool for the kids with a slide, free internet, and overall a great facility for the price. I'd stay there again and recommend it for anyone traveling through Calgary.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DCMiner

Thank you for your review and overall rating of our property. It is a lovely compliment to be considered the best Best Western that you have ever stayed at! I hope that you are able to make your way back to Calgary in the near future.