“BEST STAY EVER”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Saskatoon, Canada
“BEST STAY EVER”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband and I along with our two teenage children stayed at this hotel for three nights and I have to say this hotel was absoutley wonderful. The rooms were clean and large with the most comfortable beds ever. The continental breakfast in the morning was unbeatable with waffles, cereals, fresh fruits, omlets, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns and more....WOW!! We most definatley be staying here next time we come. We also found it very close to Calgary Zoo, Calaway Park and the shopping centers. Five stars!

1 Thank Raylene D
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for posting your review and comments about our property. It is fabulous to hear that we provided a WOW factor during your stay and your family enjoyed the full, hot breakfast. I'm glad to hear that you found our location central to both tourist attractions and shopping centers. We look forward to your next stay in Calgary.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2012

You paid not much and got the clean & spacious room, comfortable bed, good breakfast and warm greeting! All my family would like to stay longer and come to Calgary again! This is the best experience for us in travelling in Canada ever.

1 Thank Chang888
What a fabulous compliment to hear you consider us "the best experience in traveling in Canada ever." Thank You! I hope that you have the opportunity to travel across the country and stay with us again.
Calgary
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Check in was confusing. I booked on their website and made special requests to place rooms together (we had multiple bookings because of different travel dates). Hotel couldn't/wouldn't do it. There was 1 agent at 8PM, which was seriously inadequate. She was rather "frazzled".

Room was very big and clean. Beds very comfortable. Mini bar size fridge was nice. The room was borderline unpleasantly dark though. Usual under the window AC/Heater unit was quieter than most, but still noiser than I would have liked.

Included breakfast was pretty good. Note there is no hotel restaurant or bar.

Hotel is frequented by workers. There was a constant shortage of parking and the stalls were way too small for the typical work truck.

There is literally nothing nearby. Unless a Toyota dealership and warehouses are your thing. The hotel about 1 km away has an okay Italian restaurant. For anything else you'll have to drive out towards the city (or go to the airport terminal, they have some real food there). Be prepared to drive everywhere.

Room Tip: None of the views are good, just take the cheapest room.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Grounded500
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and review about the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. I will be following up on your comments about your arrival as we typically have 2 front desk agents on at all times to ensure our guests are checked in and out efficiently. I'm not sure how you missed it but we do have a full service restaurant/lounge that is open daily from 4PM to midnight. I hope that when you return to Calgary you will stay with us and enjoy a meal in the lounge.
Charleston, SC
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed in this hotel prior to our return flight to the states. I chose it due to the location near the airport and the fact they had a 24 hr shuttle to the airport, so I could get a ride after dropping off my rental car at the airport and an early morning drop-off for our 6 A.M. flight. On the shuttle ride back after dropping off my rental car, the driver, Oscar, mentioned I should request a breakfast-to-go box since we would miss the free breakfast the next morning. The front desk did not offer this when I checked in, even though I mentioned the fact that we would miss breakfast. He took care of this as soon as we arrived back at the hotel, as well as requesting a wake-up call and shuttle time.

Later, when using the business center, the phone would not allow me to place a call to an 800 number and the printer did not work. Again, Oscar was there to assist with the phone call by calling from the front desk and transferring it to the business center phone.

On the positive side, the room was large, clean, and confortable and I would stay there again. They just have some details that need to be addressed. The lobby was being renovated, which seemed strange for a hotel that was a year and a half old. Other than one restaurant, the hotel is at least a mile from anywhere else to eat.

Room Tip: Request a room on the back side, upper floor.
2 Thank redrock
Thank you for your review of the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. It's the small details that should be wowing our guests and I will be looking in to the details that you mentioned to ensure they are not overlooked in the future. I'm pleased to hear that everything else with your visit met your needs and I hope you will be back again soon.
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We arrived in Calgary after a long day's flight from Ireland - 14 hours about on 24th June 2012. The hotel was a welcome sight. It is literally a 5 min drive from the airport. This suited us as we decided not to go to downtown Calgary after our long flight. The hotel is situated north of the city. It is relatively new and the rooms etc are of a very high standard. We had our dinner & breakfast in the hotel - two very good meals, before we set off the following morning to Banff. It was an ideal location for an overnight stop & ideally situated for our trip on-wards drive to Banff the following day.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank fmkeane
Great to hear that we were able to pick you up within 5 minutes and bring you to the hotel quickly. We have a short shuttle ride with our location being on the North side of the airport which is beneficial after a 14 hour trip! Thank you for your review and staying with us.
St. Albert, Alberta
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel with my three teenaged nieces for an overnight shopping trip to Calgary. The hotel is quite new, and the lobby and furnishings are up-to-date and very comfortable. We stayed in a standard room, and had ample space for four women getting ready in the morning! Even though the hotel is located at the airport, we were not disturbed by noise at all. The pool area was clean and safe, with a cool slide that kept us occupied for quite awhile. Not sure how safe it would be for younger children, but the teens loved it. The hot tub was rather small, tough to share with other families. The breakfast that was included was a full buffet with an omlette station (manned by a cook), and had great selection for my nieces and myself. Having this included in the room price made it worth the money to stay here. The staff was pleasant and very accommodating, and we were able to use a DVD player from the desk at no charge. Wifi was free with a good signal on upper floors. We did not use the fitness room, but it appeared to be well equipped and clean. I would definetly recommend this hotel and will stay here again in future.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side of the building face away from the airport. NOt much of a view from any of...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank champagnegirl62
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent shopping trip to Calgary - I hope you found the short 5 minute drive to Cross Iron Mills mall added to the convenience of our location. I'm pleased to hear that you and your nieces enjoyed the waterslide, complimentary DVD with movies and the made to order omelette station. We look forward to your return visit in the near future.
southern california
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed here the night before boarding our flight home to California. The hotel was very nice, room clean and beds comfortable. The included breakfast was nice with make your own waffles, cereals,breads and hot foods. The airport is very close and easy to get to.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank carlysgran
Thank you for your review and comments about the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. I am pleased to hear that your room met your needs and that you had time to enjoy our full, hot breakfast before you flew out. I hope you will travel back to Calgary in the near future and stay with us again.