“Very nice”

Sandman Hotel & Suites Calgary South
Ranked #57 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Nice new hotel. Rooms are clean and have a pleasant atmosphere. Hvac systems operated well in the room. Denny,s restaraunt was okay for breakfast. Good overall experience. Would recommend hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012
There are newer reviews for Sandman Hotel & Suites Calgary South

Reviewed December 10, 2012

A trip to Calgary for Christmas shopping took us to this new Sandman for the night. The hotel lobby design is simple and very cozy. The room we had was very clean and comfortable. Slept like a baby! Enjoyed the location because it was close to great shopping and didn't have to fight the crowds or busy downtown area. Celebrated my b'day dinner in Moxie's which was very nice. Staff were friendly and food was excellent. My only complaint was the sneezing fit I had as a result of the "newness" of the hotel. Something gave me an allergic reaction which didn't last long. I just laughed and continued to enjoy the stay. Thanks Sandman! I'll be back. :)

Room Tip: There was a pool yet we didn't use it. Room had a little cupboard with a coffee machine, fridge...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maltgirl57
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed at the hotel on business for five nights. My room was upgraded to an executive suite. There was a small kitchenette with fridge, microwave and toaster plus tea and coffee making facilities. The location was ideal for my work but don't expect to be able to sitesee anywhere near the hotel. There is no restaurant in the hotel but there is a Denies one side and a Moxies the other plus a Shark bar our front. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank WaldyPortsmouth
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed one night and was surprised how nice the hotel was, not only does it have a great location (close to the biggest mall in Calgary and other shopping outlets) it has two restaurants on either side which both provide room service, and both can be entered from inside the hotel.

The lobby was nicely decorated and they had baskets of apples and coffee out for guests, The pool and hot tub were a little small, but very clean and enjoyable.

The room was a little on the smaller side; you have a mini fridge, coffee, microwave ... all the things you would expect - no wait, one thing missing ... you couldn't order movies on their TV.

My only complain is the beds were not really comfy .. but they were okay. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room faced the back side (where there was a hill) it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BeachLover22
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have stayed here 3 times now, we love the family room, it has a separate room with bunks for the kids and a small kitchen area. It is very close to shopping and easy to get to zoo as it is right off of the Deerfoot Trail. I have noticed that I can't book bunk suite online so I recommend calling them directly if you are interested in this.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Laurel D
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful longer term stay here with our dog. We are used to having the less desirable rooms when traveling with our fur kid however the staff at this hotel were excellent. When we checked in the young lady was extremely knowledgable on where we could exercise our dog, local shops, etc. Having travelled across the continent relocating we had an unpleasant stay at another hotel so that made our stay here feel extra special. The hotel is not a luxury five star but it is modern, clean and well located. We have family coming for Christmas and will happily recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Neptune75
Reviewed October 13, 2012

enjoyed our stay, great location.
Front desk was good on arrival on leaving the man didn't seem that knowledgeable. just my opinion.
the room was clean, everything working, not a lot of room.
make sure you understand heating cooling system otherwise its miserable

Room Tip: king size beds deluxe rooms are very average you need to be small to get in the one side. it might c...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family