Days Inn - Calgary South
Hotel Elan
  • Breakfast included
$116
$89
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed here on the 31st of August for a concert in Calgary. Front end staff was very friendly. The hotel was fully sold out and with less staff to attend to the never ending peoples request, guest issue was attended to with full professionalism. The Manager (Baba) kept up with his never ending smile all through. Our Only complaint was that we got checked into a room that has not been cleaned yet even though “Baba” rectified the problem instantly. Overall, we were very happy with the staffs, service , and good room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Sampej, Director of Sales at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Guest

Thankyou for reviewing our hotel, your compliments have been passed on to all staff, with Baba getting most of the praise.

We look forward to hosting you again in Calgary

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Staff were not attentive at all. When entering the bathroom in our room, I noticed a horrible smell. I discovered it was coming from the shower curtain. This is the kind of smell that an old dishrag will get when it's been sitting for too long. I hate this smell. I asked the front desk staff if the shower curtain could be replaced.

She wrote a note and told me she would tell the housekeeping staff. The shower curtain was never replaced. I can't believe staff who clean the bathroom can leave it when it smells so bad. Thankfully, the smell kind of went away when we used the shower.

I asked for extra towels our first night so there were a total of four in the bathroom. Cards in the bathroom state that if the towels are hung up, they will be left. If they're on the floor or in the bathtub, they'll be replaced. We hung up all of our towels and they all disappeared and were replaced with new ones. Unfortunately the extra towels were not replaced. When I asked for extra ones, this request was also written down by the front desk staff member and was never followed through.

I gave up asking front desk staff for anything at this point. Very frustrating.

Pillows are not comfortable. Bed was good. Breakfast was fine. Rooms were quiet.

One other complaint is that we only had one chair in our room. Another room booked for my mother who traveled with us had two chairs and a table. It's disappointing that our room didn't have this. But again, I gave up asking the front desk staff for anything.

Rooms were clean except for the smelly shower curtain. Staff were not attentive at all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HistoryKelly
Sampej, Director of Sales at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest

I am sorry that your stay with us had issues with the front desk staff, rest assured these complaints have been dealt with, at no point do we expect our front desk agents to ignore guest issues.

The house keeping manager has also been advised of your complaint. I trust your next stay with us will be free of these issues.

regards

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights while taking my family to the concert at the B.M.O grounds. Great location to access malls and the city downtown area. Everything was clean and the beds were comfortable. Service was very good, except for the noisy neighbors that where talking loud all night which was total unacceptable. Something however should be done about the size of the room walls, it seems tiny that one can hear voices and conversations from people from other room. Nevertheless, we had a great time and we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Friendly service
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of our property, we do appologize for the noise from your adjacent room, however, it seems the rest of your stay with us was at par.

We look forward to hosting you again in Calgary

regards

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We paid $149 for a room last night, money not well spent. The fellow in the lobby at check in was disinterested and rude. I phoned later from our room to say that the internet was not working, he was not interested. Noisy location, cars, trains, etc. Sad little breakfast. Room was OK, but overall not a friendly welcoming hotel. Guys drinking, smoking, and trying to beg money just outside the hotel. We did not feel safe.

Room Tip: Stay away: noisy, expensive and poor service
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sampej, Director of Sales at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Guest

I do appologize for the poor experience you had during your stay with us, rest assured the issues will be dealt with.

Regards

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Four of us stayed in 2012 the first night we were placed in a room over the bar very loud. After the bar closed people were knocking on our door looking for the party room it was a sleepless night. We complained and the next night we were moved to the tower area much better. I spoke with the manager in regards to a free night or a refund on two phone calls the manager told me he would check into it the other two phone calls the manager told me that he would send me a free night coupon. That was 5 months ago and to this day I have no coupon no phone call nothing. Both mornings the continental breakfast that is offered had no juice ,no clean knives,no fruit, etc. The manager lies and it is not a nice experience.

Room Tip: In the tower is quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Sampej, Director of Sales at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Guest

All gift vouchers promised by our manager are mailed out the same day to the guests address as shown on the reservation. Please contact our AGM, Rio Marcon at 403 243 5531 if you have not received the promised gift certificate.

Regards