“Don't waste your money”

Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail
Ranked #96 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed July 18, 2007

After checking in, we opened the door to our room, only to find a man using the toilet (door open)! We told hotel staff that there was someone in our room, and she assured us there wasn't, but gave us a new room anyway. I have no idea if this man was either a maintenance guy, or just some random guy with a key to our room. I did not feel like the security was good at all. Also, hallways smell musty and dirty. Rooms need major upgrades, they feel dirty, cheap and old. Definately don't waste your time or money here.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 27, 2007

Plus: Helpful staff, room generally clean, free broadband internet. Minus: Rundown elevator, switch of room light broken, old TV & remote unresponsive, tiny basic bathroom, 1 babybed for the whole hotel, windows dirty. Needs a thorough makeover. Overpriced for 150CAD/dbl.queen&night.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 8, 2007

This hotel is NOT recommended to anyone.

This has to be the dirtiest hotel that I have ever had the unfortunate opportunity to stay at.

It seems that thier idea of changing the sheets involves just turning them over between guests. The floor was caked with filth and the chairs were so dirty that I did not even sit in them.

When I complained about the filth I was told by the front desk staff that nobody has ever complained and that they would not give me a different room or my money back.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SpruceGrove
Ottawa Ont
Reviewed April 4, 2006

I found the facility clean and the staff very attentive. Excellent value for time spent in Calgary.

Stayed: September 2005
Prince Albert
Reviewed March 26, 2006

I sure wish I would have read the reviews before coming to this hotel. We were greeted with much confusion at check-in... rooms not ready, had to wait almost 2 hours for our room, nobody seemed to care. When we got to our room, there was a gross tray of somebody's leftover room service food in the doorway... we had to step over it to get into our room. (the tray stayed there until 11:00 pm when we returned from our hockey game and I finally asked the front desk to remove it).
The room was filthy... not vacuumed, drink rings on nightstand & desk, holes burned in blankets, etc.
After our first night, towels were taken out but fresh towels were not supplied... same thing for the in-room coffee. Still not vacuumed either.
Check out went OK, but everyone who was checking out seemd to have the same type of complaints... again, no one seemed to care.
The room was cheap, we were only there for a hockey tournament so we weren't in the room too much, but it was so bad that it really spoiled our trip.

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 6, 2006

My family arrived at this hotel around 4pm, check-in went smooth and was very fast. When we were walking to our room we found out that it was in like the basement!!! very bottom floor!!!, and if that wasnt bad, I had asked for a non-smoking room, due to my asthma, well the first thing that we noticed upon entering the room was there was hotel astrays at least 3 of them!!! Then i went to the bathroom, since I really had to go, cause it was a long trip, I noticed blood on the wall across from the toilet!! and some on the toilet paper!!! I was so appauled, this was a clean hotel room? So I immediatly called front desk, I dont think they even cared that I was upset or concerned about my asthma, I mentioned to the lady that this is a non-smoking room, she assured me that it was and i said to her, well then you guys never cleaned the room then, casue of the astrays being in there. Anyways they later moved us to a room on the 2nd floor, it was a little better, still stained walls, dirty carpet from previous guests, and the bathroom was not very clean at all!!! But everywhere else was booked so this was better then the first room so we decided to stay. needless to say this hotel made our vacation stay one of the worsts. When i returned back home I emailed the head office about my complaints and nothing was ever done about it, so dont stay here you wont see any good results.

• Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank MrsNovak
Reviewed November 22, 2005

What a great stay. Staff were attentive, went the extra mile, knew all about the area. Food was wonderful. We will definately return. In looking at other comments sounds like some people had a bad day elsewhere and found this a forum with which to vent.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business