“Keep looking..” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #96 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Abbotsford
“Keep looking..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I made the reservation through priceline as we often use the Travelodge on Macleod Trail for business and I heard lots of great things about it from my co-workers. Unfortunately they were talking about the Travelodge down the street closer to Chinook Mall near Glenmore Trail, which is a great spot. This hotel however is a dump, I have never stayed in such a dirty filthy run down place ever. Worst of all I couldn't get out of it as I booked it through priceline.

The Check in took a half hour or more, always a line at the front desk.

I used to be in the Hotel Business and I get the owners business model. Buy a hotel for cheap run it into the ground and make as much money as can because the market will keep my occupancy up, never spend a nickel and after its about to fall apart sell it to the highest better and run with the money.

Do yourself a favour and find another place to stay, unless you wanna sleep in a hazmat suit and shower with your shoes on.

Room Tip: Keep looking, even its a good deal.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank fultod

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Gananoque, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I have been at this hotel for 2 weeks and honestly it has been a nightmare. The hotel is so run down and the group of guest leaves alot to be desired. It is so rough I don't even leave my room. I have complained multiple times about the noise and overall lack of respect for anyone else staying in the hotel. To no avail, the front desk does nothing and looks like a deer in the headlights. I had to leave the maid a note just to get my sheets changed after 1 week and to clean the bathroom. Apparently cleaning the bathroom does not require you clean the sink. Disgusting. This is an embarrassment to be under the Wyndham umbrella. 6 more days here and I am ready to sleep in my car. Don't ever stay here!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Calgary hotels

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Is it worth saving a buck to stay at a place which looks like what I imagine a methadone clinic looks like? The continental breakfast had a real group of beauties in there. I've never grabbed a muffin and ran out quicker in my life. Though it is a step up from the last place I stayed at, in which the toilet was not bolted to the ground, this place needs much work. I had no complaints during the period in which I slept beyond having to use the TV manually as the batteries were dead and likely swapped by the last person whom stayed here. I woke up this morning to the sound of someone dry heaving and blowing their nose for 10 minutes. The walls are so thin, I thought the guy was in my washroom. Needless to say, I won't be coming back.

Room Tip: Not recommended at all.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lethbridge, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Pretty dirty and some rooms are mouldy. Was given Internet wifi password at check-in. Went to room and tried to log in. Signal was so bad I had to go to reception and even there it didn't work. When I asked, they said yes it doesn't work and we have tried but can't fix it (begging the question why give me a password at all?). No apology, didnt care at all. They only have it so they can advertise free wifi when people are booking and want wifi but it does not work so avoid this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Maurice N
Dartmouth, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I am not one to criticize reasonably priced lodging but this is one night I would like to forget. Finding a hotel in Calgary on short notice can be challenging thus on this particular evening I was compelled to book at this establishment. I was intimidated upon check in due to the suspect individuals hanging around the entrance. I was relieved to get to my room until I opened the door. Why? First of all there were two beds with stained sheets, numerous lights did not work, the air conditioner was also not functioning, there was a terrible smell in the room, I could go on and on! This is one night I do not want to remember!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jete T
Vancouver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very dirty except in the reception area (of course). It is desperately in need of a major renovation and, unless they deal with the undesirables that seem to hang out in the parking lot and outside the Comedy Club, even that may not be enough. My wife and I felt uncomfortable going in and out at night, especially when we found blood on the stairs to the parking area.
The air conditioning made lots of noise but we still don't know if it worked at all or the nights were cold!
The staff seemed pleasant enough but the hotel is beyond hope. How Travelodge could condone such a place tells me lots about their value system. We will not stay here again and very much question Travelodge as a principled company based on this evidence.

• Stayed September 2013
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

The worst ever. I am not picky. I can sleep anywhere. But this is my worst experience. I arrived in the parking lot and was greeted by sketchy characters. I booked online and paid in advance and I mentioned that I was coming in late. I tried to book in at 10pm, but was told that the hotel was overbooked. I told them that had already paid but this did not seem to matter. I became a little belligerent as I has just spent 4 hours in a car....the last 45 minutes stuck on the Deerfoot. So they gave a round in the basement of the smoking floor. What? It was too late to find another room. So I had to stay, there was some jerk smoking and walking down the hallway of the basement only wearing his pants. So I stay in the room. I was coffing and sneezing from the smoke exposure all the next da. This I have learnt. Always check the Reviews. Never stay at a Travelodge. The worst ever

Room Tip: I wish I checked the reviews