“Worst hotel I've stayed at.”

Travelodge Hotel Calgary Macleod Trail
Ranked #97 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
“Worst hotel I've stayed at.”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

All around terrible. No sound proofing, very dirty, outdated.
Free breakfast? Ya sure there was literally only 4 pieces of bread. Seen a manager and asked if there wasn't supposed to be some food here, she roller her eyes and replied that someone might be grabbing some.
Seriously don't stay here, stay in your car if you have to it would be a more pleasurable stay.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Brayken

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Booked online sight unseen, that was my first mistake. What I thought was a two bed room wasn't, apparently. The woman at the front desk helpfully suggested that "some sites list us as having two bed rooms but we don't".

Not a big deal despite there being two people who expected two beds. Extra pillows and blankets? They said they didn't have any. Yes, that's right, a hotel literally didn't have any spare bedding.

Exposed wiring and sockets. I was zapped by the socket, and surprisingly I was also zapped quite badly by the elevator button on the 5th floor. Sheets were a mess. Mattress was uncomfortable. Wall socket that wasn't fully exposed had 5 things plugged into it already.

This place is terrible at being a hotel and the fact that it is continually like this after countless complaints can only lead me to assume that travelodge wants to bilk people out of money. I cannot in good conscience recommend travelodge to anyone, and I will be considering a chargeback.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank blitzoid

Travelers are raving about these Calgary hotels

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

The lobby is nice but once through the entrance to the hotel your greeted by a bad smell, old stained carpet and a building that should have been torn down 20 years ago. The room is small and old. The wall socket plugs break when trying to plug something in. No fridge or microwave. You can hear everything including their conversation from the room next door so if they're getting up at 4 am so are you. Tried using the hair dryer but it began to smoke. The shower works about 10 percent. 90 percent still comes out the spout. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank oliverkrug
Cranbrook, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night. When we checked in the Front desk staff was bordering on being rude. The room we reserved was not available but they could give us another room for $10.00 more. We took it because the hotel was close to where we needed to be early the next morning. When we got to the room we thought we had stepped back in time by 30 years. It was small, dark and old. The tap in the bathroom leaked, the sink plug would not hold water. Had to run the hot water for several minutes before the water started warming up (not hot). The more we looked around the dirtier we found the room to be. The windows rattled and it looked like mold growing around the trim. Chips in the bathtub, electrical outlets hanging out of the wall. Old and small tube style TVs. Front desk staff was no better on check out and made the people checking out ahead of us wait while someone went to check their room for damage. I would not recommend this hotel to my enemies. Certainly not what I expected from Travelodge. Maybe corporate should look at putting a stick of dynamite under this place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Do Not Stay here it is the most disgusting place we ever stayed at the beds are stained with who knows what, the walls are filthy the carpets have not been cleaned in years, the sink was plugged they smoked pot on the first floor. We went to the room and I told my husband I couldn't stay here it was so filthy dirty and we went back downstairs and we were told we couldn't get our money back so we were forced to stay as we didn't buget in another hotel to pay for. I slept in my clothes on top of the sheets as they were stained and kept my socks on too because i was afraid of what I might catch. I felt dirtier getting out of the shower than before I got in there. A lot of sketchy people wandering around our room door didn't close properly was not a safe area, the sink was plugged and didn't drain properly, holes in walls, ac didn't work very outdated and overall just dirty. Empty alcohol bottles in the elevator, Sweaty footprints on the door and beverages sprayed on the walls. Never stay there ever again.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel this is the worst one every
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Went to stay here for a weekend. The front desk had us wait 15 mins for room to be cleaned. Paid 135 a night to get a key to a room that was very outdated, small, and had a bed that sank in the middle. I didn't even go over the threshold of the door. I turned around and went downstairs and told her about the bed. She said she would get me another room. That one was so disgusting I declined and got my money back. The washroom in lobby is disgusting too. Travelodge should be ashamed of themselves for charging so much for something that should only cost maybe 50 a night. Go next door to the carriage house. Same price and a thousand times better!!!

• Stayed February 2013