“DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT STAYING HERE”

Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South
Ranked #99 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I was there to be with my sister in the hospital who had just lost her son. First they got the dates wrong. I was then told that due to the circumstances I would get the hospital rate and that the dates would be corrected. Next day I was asked if I was checking out so obviously the dates had not been corrected. When I checked out there was no hospital rate, surpirse, surprise. I will be in contact with the hospital to advise of the lack of service I received.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Cuetip54

Reviewed July 8, 2010

Stayed here for one night after arriving in Calgary from London. It was just great to have a bed for the night in readiness to pick up a hire car the following day. The place looked uncared for. The carpet in our room was badly marked and yet management didn't see this as a concern it would appear.
We chose it mainly because of the free complimentary pick-up bus from the airport, but the cost of staying was not cheap.
We would look for another place if we were going again to Calgary.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jmacq101
Reviewed May 7, 2010

I had a show and sale to attend for the weekend, and as all I needed was a quiet place to sleep overnight, I wasn't looking for top quality. It's an older building in sore need of upgrades, but I found it clean and suitable for a couple of nights. The biggest downfall were other guests who allowed their children to run up and down the hall until late in the night, but a call to the front desk to complain ended it quickly. The staff were very helpful, friendly and efficient. The room was small, but all I needed. I found an amazing deal on Travelocity, so could not complain about the $52/night rates.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Krystal E
Reviewed May 4, 2010

We needed a hotel close to the airport with a shuttle & vehicle parking while we were on vacation. We paid $119. midweek for 4 adults & 2 vehicles parked for a week. Good deal but yuck. My husband checked in early while I was @ a meeting & bought febreeze because the room smelled so bad. The carpet was stained & while I can't say it was dirty; it has been a hile since any up grades have been done.The hotel is older & rundown but in a great location for the airport & the shuttle was great. It runs 24 hours & they picked us up quickly from the airport when we returned:) We did choose another hotel to stay @ the night we returned from Mexico. Just couldn't do it again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovedogsandthebeach
Reviewed February 18, 2010

Checked in as we were flying out from Calgary airport and had driven from Edmonton. Felt like walking out as soon as I walked in. Reception area is basic and didn't seem to clean. Checked in (slowly) and went in old elevators to room. Room was okay, clean and warm. Ate in "restaurant". Food was passable I guess. Service friendly. Slept okay and the bus to airport was on time. Stayed over on our return also, checked in and had a good nights rest. Called hotel from airport for shuttle and was told it had just left so would be back in 20 minutes (at am). Not horrendous I guess. The first impressions let this hotel down. Granted it is an older style hotel but it could do with a lick of paint. In the AM when my husband was checking out, I was standing against the wall with my daughter, the cleaning lady approached me in a straight line with her mop (dry) asked me to excuse her (so I moved me, my daughter and suitcases) she "mopped" up to where I was standing and then proceeded for the elevator leaving the rest of the floor undone and still dirty. I am still wondering about that!!!! LOL

It was a good nights sleep with comfortable beds and car was in one piece so if you just need to get your head down for no frills this would be the hotel. I was not confident in pool area so didnt enjoy the facility as I had planned to with my little girl.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Ruthiesid
Reviewed February 12, 2010

We stayed here to catch the shuttle for our flight and to leave our vehicle. We called ahead and were told the rate was $103, and that it came to $119 after taxes. We thought we had found a great deal. We went to the hotel and at first sight it wasn't too bad. However, later the elevator got stuck and wouldn't go up or down. Luckily the doors opened and we got out. The bathroom door had a broken doorknob on it. The bottle of water is not complimentary, it is $3. The pool is one the main floor and has windows out to the parking lot.. they are not covered windows or have etched glass. Anyone walking by was more then free to gaze upon people relaxing in the pool or hottub. Upon check out we were charged for the bottle of water and told the rate was $119 before taxes. Ended up costing just as much as any other hotel in the area. Next time, I will check the reviews on here before we stay anywhere. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank B-and-J31
Reviewed December 10, 2009

Room was not very clean but acceptable at first look. When I turned the bed down to go to sleep there were very distintive marks in the shape of a pair of buttocks in the blanket that looked like dried blood. You can figure out for yourself what was going on in that bed and all the blood did not wash out of the blanket. I came unglued and they gave me another room and that one had lipstick on the pillow cases! When I got home I called Travelodge's reservation center and complained. They gave me a free room the next time I was in Calgary 3 weeks later and although acceptable, there was dirt behind the night tables and the blankets were threadbare in places. This was my last stay in a Travelodge

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business