“Not very good............”

Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South
Ranked #99 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed March 9, 2007

Travel Planner booked the Travelodge as no other hotels available. I can see why. I stayed here years ago, when it was under another chain ( I'm talking 13 years ago) It is in dire need of renovations or better yet tear it down and build another hotel. I felt like I was staying in a hostel with a bunch of backpackers. Never felt comfortable sleeping. My rooms cement floor was heaving.......everytime I got out of bed I felt like I was drunk as the floor was crooked. I was on the main floor I could never keep my window open or blinds open. Right outside my window the kitchen staff or whomever would always be outside smoking or talking. Literally right in front of me ! The air conditioning sounded like a freight train. It had to have been the original air conditioning unit. Bathroom could not get any plainer.....but it was clean. I did not have a choice as nothing else available during stampede. Would I personally book this..........Absolutely NOT!! I think I would cancel my trip if this was the only place to stay.
It's simply just seen it's days and some money needs to be put into it.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank okop

Reviewed July 23, 2006

Of course it was a little run down but what do you want for the price. You already know going into it that you aren't staying at a Hilton so what is the problem?

Front desk staff weren't friendly but everyone else was.

Rooms were small but clean.

Food was excellent in the restaurant.

My family had to stay there for a few nights as our house in town was flooded. I would recommend staying at this hotel to friends that were tired of paying the high price of hotels and everything else.

Our room even had a fridge and microwave.

Thank you Travelodge!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank LikeToTravel1975
Reviewed June 20, 2006

Property was run down. Had three rooms, first room to small but seemed ok. Second room on 2nd floor, lampshades all water stained, walls had sweat stains running down walls. Bathtub needed to be replaced. Dust and dirt stains on furniture. Holes in walls not properly fixed. Carpet full of holes. Window needed cleaning. Ceiling in bathroom stained. Really needed renovations. THird room still had problems but better than 2nd. Hotel just needed a good paint job, replacement of carpets needed throught out and more attention to cleaning . Manager was rude. Would not recommend anyone to stay

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Montreal
Reviewed February 25, 2006

I travel a lot and I've stayed in many hotels, from 5 to 3 stars.
Services are good. The room is a little small for the price but ok, no smell and clean. All the rest is ok.
Never been to their restaurant or used the pool.

• Stayed: February 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
wales uk
Reviewed February 2, 2006

Oh my good god, where do i start.
it was the last night and foolishly we decided not to stay at the lake louise paradise (in comparison).
The front desk was friendly(ish), no hookers (shame) and the lifts gave an impression that all wasnt too bad.
Got to our room, which had a gang of french hoodies arguing outside it, opened the door and was welcomed to the stink of stale smoke (all rooms are non-smoking and we were both giving up!!!!) Went to wash as felt like i'd been abused but the sink had no water pressure and the bath had some lovely scummy limescale around the plug which added to the overall experience. the heating smelled like wet dog when it eventually came on but there's an indoor pool, if you dont mind swimming in a car showroom. If your looking for a place to black out before the 8 hour crampathon back to the uk then this'll do... and there's a hooters just down the road!!

dont bother, it scarred my soul

• Stayed: January 2006
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
utah
Reviewed July 11, 2005

Prostitutes in the lobby? We certainly saw nothing of the sort on our recent stay in July. Everything was fine, room clean and good service at the restaurant. Stayed there also in 2003 and it was perfectly fine. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 19, 2004

We booked through our travel agent for their Park & Stay promotion There were prostitutes in the lobby when we checked in. Lobby and elevators were filthy. Room was OK. Used their airport shuttle in the morning, were told our shuttle would leave at 6:00 am and were totally ignored until 6:15 even though we were actually standing at the front desk waiting to speak to someone. The 2 desk clerks were very rude, made disparaging comments right in front of us about other guests who had just checked in. When we returned a week later, we called from the airport for our pick-up and the shuttle did not arrive for close to an hour. Even then she just pulled up, did not even open the doors or offer to help with our luggage. We had 5 bags and 2 children and were totally exhausted after an all day flight. When we arrived back at the hotel to pick up our car, the driver just pulled up and got out and went into the lobby. VERY RUDE! Would never, ever stay there again. Travelodge should be ashamed, maybe they should think twice about having their name on this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2005