“Don't waste your money”

Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South
Ranked #99 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed January 18, 2014

An absolutely horrible hotel. Everything about this place is terrible. The clerk checking us in was extremely rude. There was garbage on the floors and in the elevator. It stunk everywhere like cigarette smoke. The room was unappealing, small, dirty and old. The only positive I can say about our experience staying there was the friendly shuttle driver. We should of slept in the airport instead! - it would of been a nicer stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ashtoncreek
WHG7102F, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. A warm welcome at all times by the Front Office team and courteous, helpful service is indeed the basis of guests feeling valued and I am concerned that you felt otherwise. I have discussed with the Front Office Manager and he is addressing this with her team as a matter of urgency. We once again sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced at Travelodge Calgary Airport. We continue to work hard to ensure that all our guests enjoy their experiences at our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Unfortunately I have stayed here more then once. I have to commute to work and this is the cheapest place available. You get what you pay for. Dirty carpets, food on the walls,no iron... There are homeless people sleeping in the stairwell. The shuttle will make you wait at least 45 minutes at the airport regardless of the time of day.
It wouldn't be so bad if the staff were nice. They recently changed all their staff and the news people they have are very unpleasant. Pay the extra 30 or $40 and stay at the Delta

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Pleco321
WHG7102F, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you for sharing the few challenges that you unfortunately had to experience during your stay, and for which I would like to apologize. We do have many new staff members that are learning more and more about their job and the industry each shift. All of our guest room carpet has been replaced over the Christmas, and it looks fabulous. We hope that you will give us another try with our upgraded product.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Problem 1: they screwed up the booking and so we all (4 colleagues) ended up in smokers' rooms which stank of cigarette smoke.
Problem 2: no attempt to redress the situation.
Problem 3: the cover plate for the plugs next to the desk was broken leaving bare connections exposed.

Verdict: avoid if at all possible.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank A W

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and we thank you for raising both the positive and constructive comments, we will ensure we use your comments to improve areas which may be letting our guests down. We apologize that you were placed in a smoking room. We were upgrading our guest rooms, and unfortunately many had to out temporarily out of order. These rooms are back up and running with new carpet.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I'm sorry, as a Wyndham employee, I was absolutely appalled by this establishment. I paid the employee price, and still am livid I had to pay that much! The seat in the room had torn arms with stuffing coming out, there were stains on my pillow case, the pillows were lumpy and awful, the sheets looked liked they hadn't been changed since the last person.
If it hadn't been so late, I'd have moved hotels. I had my mother and sibling with me, and I was truly embarrassed.
Never ever again.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank RIPLefty
Reviewed November 12, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
WHG7102F, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Notwithstanding its name, this hotel is not located at the Calgary Airport. It’s actually about a 20 minute drive away and its free airport shuttle service is extremely limited. A taxi will cost about CAD28. So if you plan on a quick overnight between flights, this might not be a good choice. We had a problem this summer, but when we complained, the manager apologised and compensated us, which was very good customer service and much appreciated.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
WHG7102F, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you so much for leaving your feedback. We do understand the distance our hotel is from the Airport. This is due to the construction that is happening at the terminal. It has closed a major road that once lead to our hotel and the many airport hotels in the area. We are in the midst of changing our name to match our geographic location. Our shuttle is available 24 hours a day for a complimentary ride to and from YYC. We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

i was supposed to stay there for 5 days, but ended i didn't! I get there the personal was not really welcoming! i founded my room really dirty, seem like someone already sleep in the bed, the blanket was just not professional made. you can see finger and greasy hand print all over the fridge, microwave and furniture. Got pictures to prove it! disgusted i did go back to the front desk, explained to them how was the room and they give me an other one! It was the same. found hair in bath tube and the tube was so gross will no give my dog a bath in it! seeing this i pass hrs to try to cancel my stay and get my money back! when i finally get the approval for my cancellation i checked out telling why and showing the staff the pictures i taked from those rooms. they were totally ignorant of the situation, looked at me with careless! Never offer me anything else! The staff is poor, no professionalism and careless of client needs. the place need seriously lots of updates and training for the staffs!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thnak you for leaving your review for the Travelodge Calgary Airport. It is very disappointing to learn about the incident that took place during your stay with us. Rest assured that additional training and coaching has been done in order to avoid any re-occurrence. We understand your concerns that the cleanliness of your room was not to your satisfaction. We set very high standards for our housekeeping department and are consistently performing quality checks in our rooms and through guest feedback. We would like to assure all guests that cleanliness is a priority at our hotel and that is reflected in many of the reviews of our hotel on this site. Once again, our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused during your stay.