“Dirty, dirty, dirty!!!”

Ranked #99 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Calgary, Canada
“Dirty, dirty, dirty!!!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

i was supposed to stay there for 5 days, but ended i didn't! I get there the personal was not really welcoming! i founded my room really dirty, seem like someone already sleep in the bed, the blanket was just not professional made. you can see finger and greasy hand print all over the fridge, microwave and furniture. Got pictures to prove it! disgusted i did go back to the front desk, explained to them how was the room and they give me an other one! It was the same. found hair in bath tube and the tube was so gross will no give my dog a bath in it! seeing this i pass hrs to try to cancel my stay and get my money back! when i finally get the approval for my cancellation i checked out telling why and showing the staff the pictures i taked from those rooms. they were totally ignorant of the situation, looked at me with careless! Never offer me anything else! The staff is poor, no professionalism and careless of client needs. the place need seriously lots of updates and training for the staffs!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
WHG7102F, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thnak you for leaving your review for the Travelodge Calgary Airport. It is very disappointing to learn about the incident that took place during your stay with us. Rest assured that additional training and coaching has been done in order to avoid any re-occurrence. We understand your concerns that the cleanliness of your room was not to your satisfaction. We set very high standards for our housekeeping department and are consistently performing quality checks in our rooms and through guest feedback. We would like to assure all guests that cleanliness is a priority at our hotel and that is reflected in many of the reviews of our hotel on this site. Once again, our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused during your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Gananoque, Canada
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Well I stayed for 19 days and I have to say it wasn't great. The location is great but wow it needs some upgrading. I actually had to buy an eggshell foam for the bed it was so hard. And the wi-fi situation is terrible. There is not even a choice for a hard line connection. The other thing is the cable situation is awful. Their is no guide and missing major stations like Fox, NBC .Last I checked it was 2013. Bottom line is the travelodge was always a good place to stay for a reasonable rate. Now it just seemed to have slipped into the abyss. Sad!

• Stayed October 2013
Many thanks for contributing your comments to TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear about the technical issues you had to experience during your stay. Our provider proposed some significant enhancements to handle the increase in wireless users, as well to improve the coverage of the hotel, and we had already agreed to this additional capital investment. While this work is not quite completed yet, the install date is on the horizon. We do hope that you will return again to experience our renovated product but in the meantime we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.
g-canada
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Very disappointed .. front desk not helpful at all . A disgrace for the Travelodge . We stay in mant Travelodges across the country & this is the worst . Old but clean . No breakfast , but at least there was a Restaurant . The constructs around the Airport didn't help ... the lady shuttle driver in the morning was pleasant .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
WHG7102F, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
The Travelodge Calgary Airport appreciates you taking the time to review our property. We are sorry that you were not satisfied with the service you received at our hotel. We will follow up on the other shortcomings in service and your stay with the appropriate managers to help ensure they are resolved. We would welcome the opportunity to make amends should your travels ever bring you back to Calgary. To this end, please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to make a booking or if you have any queries.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Everything about this hotel is average. Nothing special. I stood in line for a long time waiting to get my room because a whole bunch of oil rigs workers were in front of me, the front desk staff didnt seem very organized. The pool is very small.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
First I would like to thank you for using TripAdvisor. It is guest feedback that encourages us to improve in areas that did not meet and exceed expectations. Often, Oil Rig guests will come in unexpected in large groups. This makes it difficult on our staff to organize and prepare. Customer service is one of our company’s top priorities and we are very sorry that it did not meet your expectations. We hope that you will consider staying with us during your next visit to Calgary and encourage you to contact me directly so that I can assure you have a wonderful visit.
Canada
Reviewed September 30, 2013

There is an efficient shuttle service to the hotel. The bathroom was clean and spacious, with a new toilet.
Unfortunately that is all I have to say that is positive about this establishment.
We had just spent 3 weeks in Costa Rica, with absolutely spectacular accommodations...and not all fancy...just clean...clean...did I mention - clean.
It was positively embarrassing to find the worst hotel from our travels to be in our own country.
The name...Travelodge Calgary International Airport...and that implied to me, that it was close to the airport, it was at least 20 minutes away from the airport. First of all change your name...Industrial Travelodge would be more appropriate or Car Row Travelodge.
Upon arrival we were given a room...which was either still occupied...or had certainly been occupied recently and had yet to be cleaned. Yuck.
Given another room - no comments from the front desk...very tired...big couch with all sorts of stains on it; hair on towels; musty; holes in the walls; disgusting ceilings; dirty...very much in need of a lot of attention.
Shortly after we got in our room...someone else tried to enter our room as well...delightful. No...not at all.
The wake up call was late....the morning shuttle driver was surly and unpleasant.
No...I heartily encourage others to go elsewhere...I would rather travel out of our way through Toronto, than go back to this place in Calgary. It was a disgrace.

Room Tip: find a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
WHG7102F, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing the few challenges that you unfortunately had to experience during your stay, and for which I would like to apologize. Both positive and negative feedback that you have provided us will allow us to make improvements to our business. Our sincere apologies for checking you into a dirty room. As a result of this incident, improved housekeeping and front desk procedures were implemented. In any event, we are very sorry and apologetic for the unfortunate events and hope that we will have an opportunity to serve you in future visits through Calgary.
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013

One night stay waiting to pick up a hire car. Staff friendly and helpful. Sadly the place could do with some TLC. It is set in the middle of a car sales area with little to do or see. Food was not the best we had in Canada, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for leaving your feedback with us at the Travelodge Calgary Airport. These comments are very important because they help us pursue continuous improvement. Our hotel does have many dining options, a large mall and a movie theater within a 5 minute walk. We would welcome the opportunity to make amends should your travels ever bring you back to Calgary. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to make a booking or if you have any inqueries.
Bracebridge, Canada
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Hotel is in bad shape, the gym is a joke and the rooms seriously need updating. Front office staff were friendly and efficient. Probably will avoid this hotel and all other Travelodge hotels (based on the condition of this one) in the future. Pity I have it booked for two nights.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us. It saddens me through that your stay was not up to our standards. I extend my own apologies for the inconvenience these problem has caused you. We have renovations coming in the near future, and we would love to have you back to experience our upgraded product.