“Not Worth For the Price”

Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South
Ranked #99 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I made a mistake by looking at the photos (internet/website) ..but its only the external building is same ..Interiors needs to re-modeled (hallways ,walls and carpets are old and stinking smell).With the same price we get better motels near that area.
They Advertise it as a High speed Internet (wi-fi) room to room ..but its very deadly connection.Especially If you are planning to work remotely not a good place to stay here.
No complimentary Breakfast service (Most of the motels provides this at the same price)
As an overall ,I suggest you to look at the rooms and facility first before confirming to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mahesh V
WHG7102F, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

On behalf of the Travelodge Calgary Airport hotel, I apologize that the internet service did not meet your expectations. We would very much welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence in our services, and we will be glad to welcome you back.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
4  Thank Firefighter115

Reviewed July 9, 2013

No welcome, old soft bed ( 2001 on label on mattress), top sheets threadbare! A big hole in the wall !, no screen on window, rooms need updating including the old bathroom, Paid $190 for double room one night No Breakfast included either.... Took an age to check in, guy was just staring at his screen not saying a word, a smile must have been extra charge too...lobby dismal, Lift was filthy too with rubbish all over the floor. We have stayed in better Travel Lodges. Will never return to this one. Yuck.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Coffee4usagain

Thank you for your review, it is feedback such as yours that allows us to learn and create a more inspiring stay for our valued guests. We apologize for the inconveniences caused by the uncomfortable bed in your guest room.We look forward to raising the level of comfort and guest satisfaction throughout the hotel.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My daughter and her finance stayed at this hotel. Absolutely disgusted by the cleanliness and the uncaring staff. The noise was beyond unbearable and the staff did nothing to make things better, zero effort on their part. The hotel needs a HUGE renovation with working tv's and telephones. Disgusting, unclean and they charge an arm and a leg! Stay away from this place!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Charlene D

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and your review will assist in correcting issues in the future.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed there on July 2 2013, we had booked a smoking queen room and we had what we had reserved. The room did not reek of smoke, but you were aware that it was a smoking room. It was a smaller room then what we have had at other hotels, but it was clean which to us is our #1 criteria. AC worked fine, there is a switch on the wall that you needed to turn on to activate the AC.
We ate at the restaurant on site and the food was very good and the service was excellent.
Front desk personnel were fine, not overly friendly but not rude either.
It is approximately 20 minutes to the airport and their shuttles run on the hour, depending on your flight you can either take the free shuttle or pay a taxi and adjust your departure time from hotel.
Note..you have to advise the front desk that you will need the shuttle and the time you will need it.
It is their own shuttle so no stopping at other hotels which is great.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shining_star_59

I wanted to write to you to say thank you for taking the time to post your TripAdvisor review following your stay with us at the Travelodge Calgary Airport. Your positive feedback is very valuable to us and we will certainly be sharing it with our management team for consideration as we move forward.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The worst smelling hotel I have ever stayed. no smoking...right. i might as well have chained smoked in my room all night and they would have been none the wiser. I now have been waiting 5 days, 3 phone calls and 3 promises to no avail to get my receipt. really.. to get a receipt. unreal. Remote control did not work. air conditioning broken.. just a tragic attempt at a hotel.
Never spend your money here. ever. ever. Switched to the Four Points two blocks away. wow what a feeling that was to get out of the piece of junk. $23 dollars more was the best money i have ever spent. do not stay here

Room Tip: TIP: do not stay here under any circumstances
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank d s
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I had stayed at the Travelodge once before to where my experience was me leaving the premises thinking I wouldn't be coming back again. The reason I felt this way was due to the room I was assigned. It was very small, didn't feel clean at all and the Staff were less than friendly.

Well, yesterday, June 8th, 2013 I decided to give this Hotel a second chance and booked online to stay and try it again. BIG MISTAKE !! because when I arrived, I noticed I had booked a smoking room by mistake and requested a non-smoking instead. The guy I was dealing with was going to look for another room when the other person working there looked at me and said No, we don't have any non-smoking rooms left and proceeded to tell the guy to stop looking for a room.

I truly wouldn't have minded and would have probably believed that all the non-smoking rooms were sold out but, I heard that same guy ask other people as they were checking in would you like a smoking or non-smoking the same time as my check-in guy was looking for me. So totally didn't believe it and asked him again are you sure there are no Non-smoking rooms left? He replied No, I know I should have taken my bag and left at that moment but didn't.

Anyway, I went to my Smoking room and it was horrible. It smelled gross, I ended up spraying perfume and opening the window to try and get rid of that God aweful smell. I had to catch a flight at 5:30am and I don't think I got 2 hours sleep due to their unwillingness to go that extra step and assign me the non-smoking room.

Thanks Travelodge for nothing.... I do advise anyone reading this to spend your money elsewhere ..

I can honestly say that the Travelodge hotel Calgary Airport has seen the last of me. Never will I go there again and you can be sure that I will relay my opinion onto whomever else I can.

Doreen H