“Terrible! will not ever stay there again, more like a MOTEL”

Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South
Ranked #100 of 109 Hotels in Calgary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Elevator ride was scary with clanking and jerking; hallway was hot & stuffy with unpleasant oder. Bed spreads are aged with beds made up loosey goosey and lumpy pillows. Alarm clock not working, paint on windows cracked and peeling. All in all it was a very unpleasant stay and would not recommend.

Room Tip: Do not chose 6th floor for sure. Half smoking and half non smoking.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank GulfIsl
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on our hotel. We greatly appreciate all of your feedback, as it helps us to improve our guest service and satisfaction.

One thing I would like to remind you is that we have the most competitive rate, in our neighbourhood.

I would like to invite you to give us a try again in the future, as I am confident that you will be more than satisfied with your stay.

Mumbai
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The pick up shuttle came almost half an hour late after we had made three calls from the airport. We were told twice that we would be picked up at 230pm, but the driver started from the hotel only after we had made the third phone call at 245 pm. It takes a good 25 mins to and from the hotel to the airport. When we inquired about the drop off shuttle, we were told by him that we could take it at half past four in the morning when all over the hotel they had posted that the shuttle was available at the hour every hour. When we later enquired with a different front desk executive, we were booked on the right shuttle the following morning for our onward flight. The morning transfer to the airport was on time.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be the same in size. They were clean, though the fittings were old, intact the b...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MumbaiVisitor
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Let me start by thanking you for sharing your feeling of your recent stay at our property.

We are proud to offer this complimentary service to our guests.
I apologize for our shuttle service inconveniences.

We strive to provide excellent service with our shuttle and our accommodation. We were also very pleased to read your comments about one of the friendly and helpful staff in our hotel .Certainly we have passed this on to our employee.

Regards
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

This is the most dirty, unkept, unmaintained room I have ever stayed in! I am sure I am not the only one who has complained about this place. This room is not even vacuumed, I can feel dirt under my feet. Dirt and food on the walls and ceilings, spit and spatter everywhere I look! Cobwebs in the corners, paint peeling off the heat register and window sill. Dirty windows, dirty mirrors, dirty everything. I stayed in Room 220.. Or shall I say "Pig Pen" 220.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank DCaron901
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
We thank you very much for your helpful and reasonable criticism.
I apologize for any inconvenience, you had experienced during your stay. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. It helps us to make any necessary changes in our Cleaning & Maintenance Department. Let me assure you that we are in the process of making changes to improve our service level.

We really hope you will give us a second chance to cut a better figure.

Canmore, Canada
Reviewed April 29, 2013

It was terrible stay at this hotel. Stink, super dusty, old dirty carpet, old beds, everything in the room is old and dirty...I was a terrible night for my family. I presented my CAA card but the guy on the front desk still charged me the orginal price.

Room Tip: do not get the second floor room, specially 215 room...this room needs to change everything, terribl...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank r0sly
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your comment. I am very sad to read that your experience at Travelodge Calgary airport hotel was not a memorable one. We appreciate you taking the time in bringing this matter to our attention. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you.

It is always our goal to strive and provide exceptional accommodations and your comments are very important to us. Without making any excuses, we ensure that all rooms are inspected by our Housekeeping Manager prior to check in. Further, we are always vigilant when guests check in to ensure that all guests are aware of our non-smoking policy. I have discussed your concerns with the entire team to ensure we are able to continue to provide an exceptional hotel experience at the Travelodge Calgary airport hotel Calgary Airport.

Our hotel is conveniently located off Barlow Trail and 16th Avenue (TransCanada Highway), near a shopping mall area, with adequate signage around the entire building.

Again, I would like to thank you for your comment, as we take every comment as a tool to improve.
Houston, TX
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The rooms in this hotel are very small and dated. I ended up having two rooms as the heat in the first room wasn't working. They have radiators for heating at the floor level in the rooms. The beds were comfortable and the rooms are quiet.

The worst part about the room was the shower. Why hotels put in low flow shower heads I will never understand as you just end up staying in the shower longer. If I had tried to wash my long hair while staying here (thankfully I didn't) I would have been in there for at least a half hour just to rinse my hair.

The room rates are reasonable at this hotel and they have a free airport shuttle, though it only leaves once an hour. I didn't get to try out the restaurant as it was closed for breakfast by 10:30.

Overall for one night's stay this hotel was fine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mostly_business1
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay and your honest feedback, we are very glad to see, that you remark our hotel room rate is reasonable.

Looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stay in Calgary.
Regards
Nanaimo
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Although in some respects this hotel has seen better days, I cannot say enough about the
staff. We were in Calgary because of a family member ill in the Peter Lougheed. We were
so happy with the service we received especially at the front desk, the restaurant and the shuttle. Not being familiar with Calgary, it was really helpful having shuttle drivers who would do their utmost to accomodate us. The restaurant offered good food and very helpful staff.
We would like to commend Travelodge for their compassionate rates also. Long stays can be very expensive and they offer a discounted rate for those with loved ones in hospital.All in all,
they helped us with the best of a difficult situation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DeeBeeNanaimo
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for spending your time to comment on your recent stay.

We are very glad to see, that you remark our hotel, the food offer and the perfect location around. We were also very pleased to read your comments about the friendly and helpful staff in our hotel. Certainly we have passed this on to our employees.

Looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stay in Calgary and hoping we can prove our high standard of hospitality next time.