“Will never stay here again!”

Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South
Ranked #100 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

This is the most dirty, unkept, unmaintained room I have ever stayed in! I am sure I am not the only one who has complained about this place. This room is not even vacuumed, I can feel dirt under my feet. Dirt and food on the walls and ceilings, spit and spatter everywhere I look! Cobwebs in the corners, paint peeling off the heat register and window sill. Dirty windows, dirty mirrors, dirty everything. I stayed in Room 220.. Or shall I say "Pig Pen" 220.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank DCaron901
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

We thank you very much for your helpful and reasonable criticism.
I apologize for any inconvenience, you had experienced during your stay. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. It helps us to make any necessary changes in our Cleaning & Maintenance Department. Let me assure you that we are in the process of making changes to improve our service level.

We really hope you will give us a second chance to cut a better figure.

Regards.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South

Reviewed April 29, 2013

It was terrible stay at this hotel. Stink, super dusty, old dirty carpet, old beds, everything in the room is old and dirty...I was a terrible night for my family. I presented my CAA card but the guy on the front desk still charged me the orginal price.

Room Tip: do not get the second floor room, specially 215 room...this room needs to change everything, terribl...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank r0sly
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for your comment. I am very sad to read that your experience at Travelodge Calgary airport hotel was not a memorable one. We appreciate you taking the time in bringing this matter to our attention. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you.

It is always our goal to strive and provide exceptional accommodations and your comments are very important to us. Without making any excuses, we ensure that all rooms are inspected by our Housekeeping Manager prior to check in. Further, we are always vigilant when guests check in to ensure that all guests are aware of our non-smoking policy. I have discussed your concerns with the entire team to ensure we are able to continue to provide an exceptional hotel experience at the Travelodge Calgary airport hotel Calgary Airport.

Our hotel is conveniently located off Barlow Trail and 16th Avenue (TransCanada Highway), near a shopping mall area, with adequate signage around the entire building.

Again, I would like to thank you for your comment, as we take every comment as a tool to improve.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The rooms in this hotel are very small and dated. I ended up having two rooms as the heat in the first room wasn't working. They have radiators for heating at the floor level in the rooms. The beds were comfortable and the rooms are quiet.

The worst part about the room was the shower. Why hotels put in low flow shower heads I will never understand as you just end up staying in the shower longer. If I had tried to wash my long hair while staying here (thankfully I didn't) I would have been in there for at least a half hour just to rinse my hair.

The room rates are reasonable at this hotel and they have a free airport shuttle, though it only leaves once an hour. I didn't get to try out the restaurant as it was closed for breakfast by 10:30.

Overall for one night's stay this hotel was fine.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mostly_business1
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay and your honest feedback, we are very glad to see, that you remark our hotel room rate is reasonable.

Looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stay in Calgary.
Regards

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Although in some respects this hotel has seen better days, I cannot say enough about the
staff. We were in Calgary because of a family member ill in the Peter Lougheed. We were
so happy with the service we received especially at the front desk, the restaurant and the shuttle. Not being familiar with Calgary, it was really helpful having shuttle drivers who would do their utmost to accomodate us. The restaurant offered good food and very helpful staff.
We would like to commend Travelodge for their compassionate rates also. Long stays can be very expensive and they offer a discounted rate for those with loved ones in hospital.All in all,
they helped us with the best of a difficult situation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DeeBeeNanaimo
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for spending your time to comment on your recent stay.

We are very glad to see, that you remark our hotel, the food offer and the perfect location around. We were also very pleased to read your comments about the friendly and helpful staff in our hotel. Certainly we have passed this on to our employees.

Looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stay in Calgary and hoping we can prove our high standard of hospitality next time.

Regards.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
2  Thank Terri D
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stay at this hotel quite often for brief overnight stays due to work. I stay mainly because it's cheap and walking distance to major shopping (groceries, mall, Costco etc) if I need to shop. The staff know me and are quite friendly.

The hotel itself is quite shabby, and absolutely not a place I'd take my family. About a year or two ago a new manager decided to improve it a little but it was purely cosmetic - new side tables in the rooms.

I'm comfortable there since I'm familiar but I pity travellers staying there overnight after arrival at the airport - quite a shock for some I'd imagine.

The shuttle drivers are friendly but they only have one van and it is an hour between pick-ups - a shock to those who arrive in larger groups and have to wait a LONG time to get to the hotel, or take a taxi instead.

Room Tip: NEVER take a smoking room unless you are indeed a smoker. I'm truly not sure they ever really c...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank WJGuy
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Hello and thank you so very much for your review. We really enjoy when we have guests that pay such close attention to the details of their stay, because we are a very detail oriented, We thank you so much for recognizing the efforts of our staff to meet your needs, and make your stay more comfortable while in Calgary. We are all here to make you feel like this is your home, away from home.

It has been an honor for us to have you as our guest as we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Calgary.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. Again we used the park and fly, we left our vehicle there for a week. With the cost of a room, and leaving the vehicle there, it was still cheaper than parking at the airport. I should also say, the restaurant there has good food.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple