“Terrible Night at this hotel”

Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South
Ranked #99 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Canmore, Canada
“Terrible Night at this hotel”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

It was terrible stay at this hotel. Stink, super dusty, old dirty carpet, old beds, everything in the room is old and dirty...I was a terrible night for my family. I presented my CAA card but the guy on the front desk still charged me the orginal price.

Room Tip: do not get the second floor room, specially 215 room...this room needs to change everything, terribl...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank r0sly
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your comment. I am very sad to read that your experience at Travelodge Calgary airport hotel was not a memorable one. We appreciate you taking the time in bringing this matter to our attention. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you.

It is always our goal to strive and provide exceptional accommodations and your comments are very important to us. Without making any excuses, we ensure that all rooms are inspected by our Housekeeping Manager prior to check in. Further, we are always vigilant when guests check in to ensure that all guests are aware of our non-smoking policy. I have discussed your concerns with the entire team to ensure we are able to continue to provide an exceptional hotel experience at the Travelodge Calgary airport hotel Calgary Airport.

Our hotel is conveniently located off Barlow Trail and 16th Avenue (TransCanada Highway), near a shopping mall area, with adequate signage around the entire building.

Again, I would like to thank you for your comment, as we take every comment as a tool to improve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Houston, TX
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The rooms in this hotel are very small and dated. I ended up having two rooms as the heat in the first room wasn't working. They have radiators for heating at the floor level in the rooms. The beds were comfortable and the rooms are quiet.

The worst part about the room was the shower. Why hotels put in low flow shower heads I will never understand as you just end up staying in the shower longer. If I had tried to wash my long hair while staying here (thankfully I didn't) I would have been in there for at least a half hour just to rinse my hair.

The room rates are reasonable at this hotel and they have a free airport shuttle, though it only leaves once an hour. I didn't get to try out the restaurant as it was closed for breakfast by 10:30.

Overall for one night's stay this hotel was fine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mostly_business1
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay and your honest feedback, we are very glad to see, that you remark our hotel room rate is reasonable.

Looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stay in Calgary.
Regards
Nanaimo
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Although in some respects this hotel has seen better days, I cannot say enough about the
staff. We were in Calgary because of a family member ill in the Peter Lougheed. We were
so happy with the service we received especially at the front desk, the restaurant and the shuttle. Not being familiar with Calgary, it was really helpful having shuttle drivers who would do their utmost to accomodate us. The restaurant offered good food and very helpful staff.
We would like to commend Travelodge for their compassionate rates also. Long stays can be very expensive and they offer a discounted rate for those with loved ones in hospital.All in all,
they helped us with the best of a difficult situation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DeeBeeNanaimo
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for spending your time to comment on your recent stay.

We are very glad to see, that you remark our hotel, the food offer and the perfect location around. We were also very pleased to read your comments about the friendly and helpful staff in our hotel. Certainly we have passed this on to our employees.

Looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stay in Calgary and hoping we can prove our high standard of hospitality next time.

Regards.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stay at this hotel quite often for brief overnight stays due to work. I stay mainly because it's cheap and walking distance to major shopping (groceries, mall, Costco etc) if I need to shop. The staff know me and are quite friendly.

The hotel itself is quite shabby, and absolutely not a place I'd take my family. About a year or two ago a new manager decided to improve it a little but it was purely cosmetic - new side tables in the rooms.

I'm comfortable there since I'm familiar but I pity travellers staying there overnight after arrival at the airport - quite a shock for some I'd imagine.

The shuttle drivers are friendly but they only have one van and it is an hour between pick-ups - a shock to those who arrive in larger groups and have to wait a LONG time to get to the hotel, or take a taxi instead.

Room Tip: NEVER take a smoking room unless you are indeed a smoker. I'm truly not sure they ever really c...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank WJGuy
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Hello and thank you so very much for your review. We really enjoy when we have guests that pay such close attention to the details of their stay, because we are a very detail oriented, We thank you so much for recognizing the efforts of our staff to meet your needs, and make your stay more comfortable while in Calgary. We are all here to make you feel like this is your home, away from home.

It has been an honor for us to have you as our guest as we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Calgary.
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. Again we used the park and fly, we left our vehicle there for a week. With the cost of a room, and leaving the vehicle there, it was still cheaper than parking at the airport. I should also say, the restaurant there has good food.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shats3
Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Firstly the room I have is tiny and everything in it is passed its best...the bathroom is so old and the flush gets stuck all the time. The sink is damaged. This is desperate for an upgrade...
The other thing, I asked for a kettle because I don't drink coffee and they told me I have to go to the Cafe to buy tea!!! A small bottle of water is $2 and who knows how long that has been sitting in the room. No Fridge, No Microwave No shops nearby if you don't want to live of takeaway food...The Cafe/Restaurant looks like something from the 1970s the breakfast I had was not particularly good and it cost me $8.99 !! (The Comfort inn 200 yards away, have kettles, microwaves and fridges, free breakfast and bigger rooms).... Staff are friendly but it seems like they are waiting for you to complain...There is an air of nervousness about them.... I will never be back here after this visit... at least there is no charge for the internet...terrible Bandwidth though...

Room Tip: Best thing to do is to find another hotel I have no recommendation for this place...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Layzelle
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We take all our reviews seriously as it well help to continuously improve our property.

We truly apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We are really sad to hear things didn't go as well as your expectations would have wanted.

I hope you do drop by again we‘ll make sure a tea & Kettle arrangement will be set at your convenience.

We also hope your confidence in the Travelodge Calgary Airport Hotel will be restored.
Warmest Regards,