“Not terrible, but nothing great either.”

Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South
Ranked #99 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Banff, Canada
“Not terrible, but nothing great either.”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Only thing I can recommend is the wifi was pretty good.
Make sure to request a room away from the elevator as it was extremely noisy at night (we were in room 303)
The girl at check in was not very helpful or informative and it was quite frustrating to try and find out any information.
Parking was fine. Elevators were scary to use (stopped below the floor so you had to step up to get out of the elevator)
Bed was good but bouncy, pillows comfortable but the noisy elevator kept waking me up (not fun when you have to be up at 5am to get to the airport)
Water pressure in the bathroom was insanely hard - not a plus.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Hana212

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We ended up staying here because all other hotels were fully booked. If you are looking for a place to stay that is clean and comfortable, this is perfect. The rooms are older and dated but the staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean. The rooms have a microwave and fridge which is helpful when travelling with children.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher level.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AliNord
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Hello AliNord,

Thank you for writing a fair review on our hotel, we appreciated your feedback

Calgary Travelodge Airport
Management
Reviewed September 12, 2012

While my expectations of Travelodge were already dismally low, this particular property is, by all accounts, one of the most apocalyptically terrible in their portfolio of abysmal investments. Robotic, if completely disinterested, staff awaits your arrival in a poorly appointed lobby. Front Desk runs a haphazard operation of ringing telephones and shotty systems resulting in a check-in experience worthy of cattle. The room initiates a new gem in the entire experience with dingy, dated bathroom facilities and insufferably small rooms. The bedding consists of a cardboard-like comforter and impossibly thin sheets set on a sagging mattress that has seen its share of use. Electrical outlets do not work and several lightbulbs were burnt out while the internet, a selling feature, may as well have been dial-up for its reliability is, at best, intermittent. As a hotel worker, this palace of inadequacies would be better suited to a rural truck stop and should be avoided.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank YYZCanuck
Waxahachie
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I think hotels in Canada hold different standards than the United States. This is not a bad thing, just different. I liked my dorm room styled room. I wasn't moving in, just spending the night. I got a good night's sleep, which is all that I asked for.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeremy S
Hello Jeremy,

I would like to thank you for providing us with important feedback so we can continue to improve our guest service and guest satisfaction. Also, I am glad you slept well at our property.

Again, thank you for your comment and for staying with us

Calgary Travelodge Airport
Management
Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2012

stayed 4 night here last month- July 2012, Pictures on website (at the time I booked)show a lovely pool and whirlpool - the whirlpool is bricked over and the pool is the same temp as your garden hose - my kids spent 4 min in it then never went back, nor did we see anyone else in it. When I asked the front desk about the misleading marketing the only reply was "well I guess you can write a review". Website also advertises oversized rooms... not so much! very small and dated. Room airconditioner could not cool the room down to a comfortable level. One elevator broken and the other sounded like it was going to die. sure it was in the cheap range, but for just a few bucks more you will be far more comfortable elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay Away!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pet_cows
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for providing us with a valuable feedback, after reading your comments I gathered our maintenance team and checked our pool temperature, currently is 31 degree, which is within the standards.

I apologize for the inconvenience, its possible that particular day our pool was malfunctioning, however rest assured that our maintenance team is in top of it.
The pool gets check on a daily bases for the temperature and the water Chemical parameters.

My apology for our staff’s lack of empathy and not helping you, I will definitely address your comment with our front line staff.
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed here back in April on our way from SK to BC..... wish I hadn't. My fiance and I booked online and there was no option for a pet, but the hotel is pet-friendly. So I added a memo in that I would have my 15lb dog coming as well. Booked a room with 1 bed (1 queen, I believe). Called to confirm our reservation the day before we were to arrive, and everything was good to go - however, the employee on the phone sounded very irritable that I had to call to confirm our booking. We arrived at the hotel about 9pm - no body was at the desk. We waited around for about 15 minutes, standing there until some young man walked out of the office. We were greeted with "What do you need?" Mentioned we were checking in, had my drivers license and credit card out ready for him, told him my last name and he said "No room for you." A little confused, I asked him to please check again, search through the history of my name or something, and after about 10 minutes of standing there, we said our reservation was cancelled cause there was no credit card on it. I laughed, pulled out my phone and showed him my email receipt from the website, saying it was booked with my credit card. When that didn't get me my room, I showed him that my credit card was also already charge. He phoned the manager or somebody, and then got us a room with 2 beds.... not what I wanted/needed. But whatever, so we go to our room and about an hour later he comes up and says we need to move - he "didn't know we had a dog" and he put us in a pet-free room. Could have been much nicer about the whole situation but whatever. So we move and the new room smelt like someone just had a couple smokes in there. I said he requested a smoke free room, and he told me to either take this room or go find someplace else. So we settled for the room. Over top of the smoke smell, the carpet was badly stained, the window full of finger prints, and the bathroom had hair in the tub.Their pool is open for an extra hour at the end of the night for adults only - I am 24..... the same guy asked me to leave the pool during this hour because it was for "adults only." When we checked out in the morning, I asked for the manager and the lady at the desk told me that the manager wasn't there. I asked if I could leave my number to discuss a few issues with them and she refused to take down my number. I left in our the front desk anyway. I explained to the lady at check out everything that went wrong and asked if I could have some sort of compensation for my stay - a discount, free night, whatever. She refused and said "next time, to avoid issues, don't book online." Then she mentioned that I didn't pay enough for my room type, but I told her it was not my fault that I got moved so much for something I had no control over. Managed to actually something in my room as well, and had to run back up - took me a while because the housekeepers wouldn't let my dog on my elevator with them (he is a pug). Just terrible customer service.... I really wouldn't wish anyone to go to this hotel. I could have lived with the dirty room - but the lack of customer service makes me to never stay there again. I'd rather sleep in my car.

Room Tip: Apparently, never book online, according the employee.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tom E
Dear Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our costumer service. I am sorry that our team was not attentive to your needs. Please know that your comments are important to us and we will address this issue.
I would have liked for you to discuss your concerns with me unfortunately, I was not able to meet you. Please feel free to contact me via phone or email so that I can apologize properly.

I will be using your comments as a tool for our next department meeting so that your experience will give us the opportunity to improve for our future guests.

I again, apologize for your experience and I would like to thank you for providing us with important feedback so we can continue to improve our guest service and guest satisfaction.

I wish you a Happy Thanks Given to you and your Family.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was so disappointed with this hotel.
For starters the hotel was rude and was not able to help us out at all when it came to getting two rooms side by side which i had requested months ago. It felt like we were bothering the staff more when this was brought to there attention. As well as i had requested a non smoking room, was then placed in a smoking room. I have six year old with asthma, this was not acceptable, the staff said "too bad, we have nothing else for you, call down in the morning".
When i finally looked around the room, there was hair in the tub, hair in the bed, stains on the comforter and on the mattresses. There was also a huge brown stain on the lamp, really the lamp.
The hotel needs updating but that wasn't as bad as the lack of customer service and cleanliness of the rooms.
This was then brought up to the hotel staff and all i got was a "oh sorry" but yet nothing was going to be done about it.
We did not even stay one night.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Pay the extra and get a good hotel that will help you out.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Kat,

First of all I thank you for your feedback and for bringing to my attention the unpleasant experience you had at our hotel
Customer service is one of our company’s top priorities so I was particularly troubled to hear what happened during your stay. The Staff at Calgary Airport Travelodge are firm believer in going above and beyond for our guests.
Thanks to your feedback we have indeed taken your feedback into account in order to address the situation and avoid any reoccurrence.