“Econo in Calgary!”

Ranked #100 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Edmonton, Canada
“Econo in Calgary!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is a budget hotel - rooms are fairly spartan, the soap is a small little sliver but its cheap, quiet and clean! Staff are friendly and effective!
I arrived at 3 AM due to car troubles and was registered quickly and effectively. 5th floor room..abt $95/nt+tax. Free parking, free airport shuttle (need to reserve), touristy area close to restaurants etc., check-out 11AM. Very close to the many dealerships on auto row. Use Google MAps to see the LRT/Train connections and schedules nearby, I used these to get to downtown and the southwest very quickly...Marlborough station....FAST!!

Room Tip: High floors are quieter....
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Douglas A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Brentwood, California
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I had an issue when I had made a reservation for this hotel through Expedia.com. I arrived at the hotel near midnight. It was too late to meet Manager for discussing my issue. Early next morning I met Mr. Assan Amadin, Hotel Manager, without pre-appointment. He was very kind, friendly, courteous and tried to listen me very positively. And he finally solved my problem. My trip was excellant with his help.
Thanks Assan.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ilbumm
Calgary
Reviewed June 27, 2012

As a business traveler, I stay at this hotel a few times a month. The staff are extremely courteous and friendly. The rooms are clean and the restaurant food and staff are great. This hotel provides free shuttle service unlike a lot of hotels. I have always enjoyed my stay here and leave with all my expectations met.

Satisfied Customer
Halifax Nova Scotia

Room Tip: Great place to stay while in Calgary free shuttle service to and from airport
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul S
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights during a funeral trip beginning on June 14, 2012. My reasons for choosing it were 3: free airport shuttle; free internet; lowest price with these 2 options included. I was expecting something really bad, but was pleasantly surprised. I arrived at the airport around 11 PM and called for the shuttle. I was told it just left the airport and would be back in 25 minutes. 25 minutes later, it was there. Check in was simple. Room was a bit tired but way better than the complaints listed here. I wondered what they were expecting for the price paid. The staff was really helpful. They even encouraged me to chop a day off my car rental by taking the shuttle to/from the hotel the first night. I did that and saved $50, almost the price of the room. TV was flat screen with good channels. Internet was relatively fast. (Many free internet services are so slow that you wish you HAD paid.) I had breakfast in the dining room 2 days. Tasty and quick.

My room was clean upon arrival and nicely cleaned each day. Some folks commented on dirty linens, carpets, and bedspreads. As I said above, they were ready to be replaced, but definitely clean. If I found an un-cleaned room when I entered, I also would have asked for another. But mine was fine. The pool looked fine to me also.

As is common in this type of property, the staff were mostly eastern European, so there was a bit of language difficulty. But the staff were very attentive and helpful for finding late-night food in the area.

Maybe I was just luckier than the others.

I locked my key in the room and had it replaced with no fuss or bother.

Room Tip: Ask for a "handicapped" room. Mine was on the first floor and seemed easier for the bathr...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank HistoryandSafety
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed June 20, 2012

i arrived at the airport in Calgary, called for the shuttle,was told it would be there in 10 minutes..waited over an hour for it to arrive. Finally arrived at the hotel, wanted to store my golf clubs..desk agent said" he had storage but was too busy to assist me"...toke the elevator to my floor..was sure i was going to make it it...as it was lound and banging. Got to my floor...hallway carpet was torn and stained in several area....got to my room and was discusted...bed spreads were stained, which I immediatly removed..only to find out the sheets were just as bad...i woke up the next morning to shower and..not to my surprise...I was standing in 2" off filthy water as the drain was plugged.....not quite sure how a hotel can go to this state...especially flying the Travelodge flag...i would not send my worst enemies to stay in a place like thisa EVER!!

Room Tip: dont ever book into this location...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Wanker12
Yahk B.C. Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Never again!! We have stayed in many hotels in 3rd world countries as we do a lot of travelling and never have we experienced a dive such as this. We were totally disgusted and would never reccomend this hotel to anyone. It was dirty and dated the airconditioner didn't work, they said as soon as they updated their tv's they were going to start with the airconditioners.The carpets in the hotel were filthy and stained through out the hotel. The indoor pool looked as if it had never been cleaned. Dirty bedspreads and the white towells looked like they hadn't ever seen bleach. Worst hotel we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Meeko123BC
Montreal
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Very well located, nice staff - small but very clean room. Would stay there again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
WHG7102F, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Calgary International Airport South, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Traveler

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review