“Good budget option in Calgary”

Ramada Limited Calgary Northwest
Ranked #97 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Booked last minute and was very happy with our stay.
Simple but clean accomodations.
Right off the Transcanada and close to downtown.
Free Breakfast included with hot waffles.
Very friendly staff.
Free in-room Wi-fi is awesome.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank g4480

Reviewed November 26, 2010

So.....

I spent an evening out in Calgary with the girlfriend. Needless to say, we came back late and full of food and drink.

The next morning we discovered someone else's t-shirt in the bed. This would not have been possible if the sheets had actually been changed. So I guess we slept in someone else's night-time funk. I hope the next guest didn't sleep in ours. It would be one heck of a nasty multi-person funk cocktail. Drink up.

DO NOT STAY HERE. All of the information contained in the negative reviews is accurate. The franchise should be revoked from the owner. I honestly believe that you are putting your health at risk by staying here. I do not say this lightly. I've stayed in a variety of dumpy hotels throughout the world. This was by far the worst.

I complained to the front desk, who reluctantly comped the room and made me sign a receipt that stated "final compensation." I complained to Ramada, who promised me that they would look into the matter. I was told that the management would be sending me a letter. I have waited...but no letter. Ramada checked back with me, I told them I never recieved the letter of apology that was supposedly in the mail. I have received no further communication with them.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
11  Thank ProfANON
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Like a few other reviews here, I too banked on the Ramada brand name instead of checking out reviews.

It’s a rather dirty hotel. There's dust in the corners, a brown stain on the toilet seat that I didn’t want to investigate (think public washroom), torn wallpaper and stained carpets. The whole room is very rough looking; I tried not to look around much. The hotel had wireless internet, but it was slow and hard to pick up a signal.
Based on the condition of the room, I passed on the free continental breakfast. But surprisingly I had a good night’s sleep on the mattress.
There are better hotels close by. This place is good for a one night stay. Only stay here if there's a major event in town and other rooms are hard to get.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank gbsask
Reviewed September 17, 2010

The room was filthy as were the carpets, the trim was missing from the air con unit. Windows were disgusting. DO NOT STAY THERE, only stayed in a Ramada twice, this was the second and last time EVER.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GordonWhite
Reviewed June 22, 2010

We stayed here for just one night and really looked forward to it as it was, what we thought, a RAMADA. Didn't realise it wasn't the big RAMADA chain. It was okay, the pool appeared clean enough and the breakfast was very adequate with toast, cereal and cookies, etc, and the wireless was a bonus as it was quite fast. Rooms are very old and dark and could do with some serious upgrading, particularly from the outside part of the hotel looking out to the car park. The staff were friendly enough and did what you requested. Many, many customers appeared to be making complaints about their rooms though so not sure about that. Our room had a real OLD beer smell (like beer had been spilled quite heavily) and although non-smoking (and I am a smoker) had a stale cigarette smell coming through our bathroom wall from whoever was smoking in the next door room. Our door didn't open properly from the outside but after numerous attempts each time it eventually worked. To be fair we informed the staff the next day and they took note. Okay if you are not looking for anything too comfortable, not really a nice and safe-looking place. I would also question the area, not knowledgeable enough to comment but don't think it was a great area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brotherdogs
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I was booked to stay here on 22 & 23 Jan 10. I was the adult with three 16-year old girls. The room was small and the beds were up against the baseboard hearters. Pillows were hot. One girl noticed a large bug running across the carpet. We killed it. Then went into the bathroom to discover logs of unfamiliar bugs in the tub. That was it. We couldn't stay there and went to another hotel. Needless to say that I will never go there again and will be very leary about the Ramada chain of hotels.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank dalejnut
Reviewed November 9, 2009

We stayed in this hotel November 7th for 1 night, thank God. The reviews are right, it is dirty, and dated. Do not stay here! Yuk.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple