“Only if you are on a budget”

Ramada Limited Calgary Northwest
Ranked #96 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Montreal
“Only if you are on a budget”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I always knew that website pictures do not depict the reality of a hotel in most cases but in this case they really didn't. They must've been taken when the hotel was built or right after a room was renovated. Go to this hotel if you are on a budget and their rates are under 50$.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Richard-hm-Lina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights, and those two nights were absolutely terrible. I booked 1 king size room, which was supposed to be guaranteed until midnight. When we got there (around 5pm) and went to our room, we discovered that we had 2 double beds instead. Thinking this was just a mistake, we went back to the lobby where I asked that we be given the proper room that we booked a month in advance, and was told that the did not have any king rooms left...EXCUSE ME!? Is that not why people book? I asked the man to have his manager call me in the morning. He didn't call. I spoke with the same man the next day, and he told me that his manager would be in the next morning and I could talk to him then. The manager wasn't there, but the assistant manager was. The assistant manager said he could not offer me any kind of compensation as we booked through a 3rd party, and he also said that he would get the manager to call me... again. It's 2 days later and the manager has yet to call me. I am so unimpressed. I will never return. I filed a complaint with Ramada Head Office.

The beds were uncomfortable.
There were people outside fighting all night and doors slamming at 2am, making it impossible to sleep.
The shower curtain was stained.
The room smelled bad.
The pool was grungy.
The breakfast was severely lacking, and the breakfast room was the size of a closet.
The broken promises from the staff.... I don't even have words to explain.

DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LeahB92
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the dirtiest hotels I've ever stopped in. The bed sheets didn't feel clean, covered in what I assume was dog hair, the bath wouldn't drain, the carpets needed a good vac. No wonder they need to take pre authorisation credit card. The breakfast is a farce in one tiny room.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank robster35
Kim1115, Manager at Ramada Limited Calgary Northwest, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Robster 35, Thank you for your comments. Your feed back is very important and valueable to us.
We are continueously improving our rooms and training our staff to deliver clean comfortable rooms to our guests. We offer free contiental breakfast with a hot waffel maker, indoor pool and hot tub and free Wifi.
We hope you give us another opportunity to host you for your next stay in calgary. Please ask for me and i will personally make sure with my team that you have a pleasant stay.
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed appx jul16,clean room+bathroom.read some other reviews,don't know if I just got lucky or if other guests had an ax to grind w/ramada but I had no complaints+ would stay again actually surprised by bad reviews unless a lot has changed since jul2012

• Stayed July 2012
Kim1115, Manager at Ramada Limited Calgary Northwest, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
On Behalf of Ramada Limited, I would like to Thank you for your review and your feed back is important to us. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and a pleasure to have. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
ALBERTA
Reviewed January 12, 2013

YUK. Really dirty. The housekeeping in the hotel room was revolting. I have no problem with "older" budget hotels, that have clean bedding and clean bathrooms/hotel rooms. But this is rediculous. The dust on the stained nicotine yellow lamp shades, is thick and disgusting. The bedding did not have a fresh feeling to it either, it was not crisp, but instead limp and used feeling. There was long dark hairs all over the bathroom floor. We stayed here for one night, because it was accessible to 16th ave, the price was $100.00, and they allowed pets. Speaking of which, we brought our own bags to pick up our dog's business, but the area behind the hotel where guests take their pets to go, is a littered area with dog poop everywhere - Gross! My dog, could not stop smelling the carpet in the hotel room - what does that tell you?? I gave this motel a star for the front desk person who handled our check in/check out - service in office was good. This place needs a HUGE renovation, or I predict they will go out of business - the state it is in is disgusting and should be an embrassment to owners/management and especially the Ramada Brand Name.

Room Tip: Come back once they renovate or demolish this motel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TRAVEL_LOVER96
Kim1115, Manager at Ramada Limited Calgary Northwest, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
On Behalf The Ramada Limited I would like to extend My sincere Apoligies to your unpleasant stay with us. We are currently going through some extensive changes to Better our Business, for Our Future Guests, Current Guests. Your feed back is really important to Us!
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed in ramada on 30th Dec. Very dirty motel, lot of loud noise, people fighting, bathroom dirty, beds not changed, sheets and pillow cases all wrinkled. Blanket smelled cigarette and
room heating not working at all, asked front desk but could not come as Police were coming
and going due to fights.

Room Tip: Check rooms before renting.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Paul W
Kim1115, Manager at Ramada Limited Calgary Northwest, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
On Behalf of the Ramada Limited, I would like to extend my Apoligies to your unpleasant stay with us. We are currently undergoing major changed to better our business, for our future guests and current guests. I would like to say Thank you For your feed back, it is very important to us.
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

This is the most disgusting hotel I've stayed at! EVER. I complained and was offered a $30.00 refund. I paid $110.00 for the room which was outrageous for what I received. PLEASE SEE MY PICTURES THAT I POSTED OF THUS ROOM AND AVOID THIS HOTEL!! These reviews should tell you everything!!! Btw, I refused the refund!! It took me forever to hear back from anyone including head office.

• Stayed October 2012
8 Thank Dratkits
Kim1115, Manager at Ramada Limited Calgary Northwest, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
On Behalf Of Ramada Limited I like to Extend My Apoligies to your Unpleasant stay with us.
We are currently going through Extensive changes to Better Our Business, for Our Future Guests, Current Guest, as well as Recent Guest.