“Awesome Waitress”

NOtaBLE - The Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 3,733 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Reviewed June 15, 2016

Took our friends here as i have been wanting to try this restaurant. The service was fantastic. Can't remember the waitress's name as this was a few weeks ago but she had red hair and attitude to match. Never had a waitress be that attentive and informative about the menu and restaurant. The food was very good, we had ordered the tartar and carpaccio for appy's and that was my favorite of the night. However the four of us had 2 drinks each, two appy's to start and our mains and the bill was $380 before tip. A little pricey in my books but good none the less.
Make sure to make a reservation, I called in the afternoon for dinner reservations on a Thursday night and couldn't get in until 8 and even then we did not get seated for 20 min.

Reviewed June 10, 2016 via mobile

Arrived without a booking tired having just arrived from UK
No table available but no worries they gave us seats up at the counter. Food was being cooked over open fire and we watched as our food was prepared. We were well looked after by the waitress and the food was delicious. We will eat here again before we move on

Reviewed June 9, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I joined another couple here for a business meal. They are regulars here and had first class treatment like I have never seen before. We had a selection of appies beforehand and they were great. I asked the waitress to surprise me with a main course because I simply could not decide what to have because it all looked so good! I was pleasantly surprised when they brought me the rack of lamb on a bed of risotto in a tomato based Boursin cheese sauce. It was to die for! My husband had the half chicken and also loved it. They have a great wine section. Great ambience and great food and service. I will definitely be going back.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed June 9, 2016 via mobile

Although located in a residential neighborhood, NOtaBLE is still frequented by many locals and vistors. It's quite European style, from the decor to menu. Food is great, and has been very consistent according to a lot of people. I ordered chicken and soup. The skin is so delicious. Salmon and salad seem great as well.

Reviewed June 7, 2016

Is this a good restaurant? Yes certainly. One with any number of points in its favour. We were greeted, seated and served promptly and accurately. The wait staff was knowledgeable. Some very nice interesting bread served to assuage the worst of our hunger while waiting (but not waiting long) for the meals to come out. Perhaps a measure of its popularity and perhaps a measure of how people approach fine dining today it was noisy, hot and crowded. To my (older generation) way of thinking more the atmosphere one would expect of a sports bar but o temporo o mores. Now what about the food? Here is reason for the title of my review. I had the mussels and frites, the former advertised as being done in a Thai coconut curry broth + cilantro. Now I am someone who complains when mussels are disguised by an excessive amount of broth flavoring but in this case even I thought the dish was bland. I've certainly had much better elsewhere. So if in the end the proof of the restaurant is in the eating then sorry, this does not come in at 5/5.

Date of visit: May 2016