“Love it!”

NOtaBLE - The Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 3,757 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Calgary
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have been here numerous times, and it is always great. You know if a restaurant as far away as Bowness is always busy that they have really good food! The mussels in the Thai sauce are amazing, and you get quite a lot of food there. The chicken wings are also very tasty (though not as good as Anju). The roast chicken is their specialty, and for good reason, could possibly be the best chicken I have ever had. The scallops are very popular there, but I don't think you get enough for the cost. The crab dip is okay, but not one of their better menu. If you go, make sure to get the chocolate cake with salted caramel ice cream - amazing!!

2  Thank Andrea1014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,105)

Reviewed June 10, 2013

A girlfriend and I had a wonderful meal at Notables on Friday night. The only part that wasn't good was the approx. 1 hr wait. We both had halibut which was delicate and tasty and shared a chocolate dessert which was delicious

1  Thank lyn L
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Seriously?

Okay, if you want to make a reservation, expect to be seated in the corner like a jerk. If you want a burger? expect it to be burnt, dry, and for it to taste horribly. I cannot believe a renounced chef is in charge of this kitchen, there might as-well be someone from mcdonalds cooking the food. Horrible service, horrible staff, horrible environment. The only thing this so called "restaurant" is good for, is trying to impress a date that does not know any better. I will never return to this place.

2  Thank Mike L
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have been to Notable three times now and can't resist but to order the same entree every time because it is just that amazing. The Scallops are just to die for. I grew up in a family who lived by the ocean in Vancouver and come from a family of commercial fishermen. I know when I taste great seafood! Each time I have been to Notable it was for something completely different (work Christmas party, friend's birthday party-everyone in their 20's-, and my mom's 50th). Every group of people was different but everyone loved it. The service has gotten better and better each time and I will certainly continue to go back! I have tried a few appies as well - the shrimp and crab bake is excellent as so was this lamb appetizer I tried this last time. It was our anniversary recently and we thought we would go to Sky 360 in the Calgary Tower - definitely walked away knowing Notable was 10 times more delicious. PS the Scallops come in an appetizer size in case you can't decide what to order :)

1  Thank leshers
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My son's and daughter in law's rehearsal dinner was held at Notable. We had 30 guests and reserved a private room at the back of the restaurant. We went with the family style dinner.
Lisa and her team made sure all allergies, etc were taken care of well in advance of the event. Notable kept us on budget. The food at Notable has got to be the best we have ever had. The dinner was the end of August 2012 and I still have guests commenting on the food and service at Notable. Without a reservation there is a bit of a wait, however, it is well worth it.

2  Thank Debbie M