“my entire family LOVES going”
Review of Calaway Park

Calaway Park
Ranked #21 of 305 things to do in Calgary
More attraction details
Owner description: An Old West Theme park.
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My Family loves going. We're a family of 5 and my youngest is handicapped, in general the staff are really courteous to making sure that he has a great time too. We like going so much that we are season pass holders. Even though this is the kids 3rd visit this Summer, they seem to love it more and more we go rather than getting bored.

My main complaint would be the cost of the food. There is a sheltered picnic area and you can bring your own. But at the cheapest one to eat at a meal-deal is about 13$ per person at the burger hut. Cotton candy is 5$ but for a big bag. Mini Melts small is 4$ per portion and any of the "fair games" or mini golf you pay extra for. So you could see it getting expensive rather quickly. But saying that the burger and fries are freshly cooked and do taste alright. The washroom are grim but it's a theme park. They do do a meal voucher that comes in the map, and it helps a bit. But it is a Theme park.... it the food was a bit cheaper, more like a Fast Food restaurant, I think we'd eat there rather than taking our own or eating and then going.

We really enjoy going and it's a nice sized park so little legs can last the day quite happily.

1  Thank Melanie A
There are newer reviews for Calaway Park

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I had not been to Calaway Park in 20 years so I didn't know what to expect. The Park is clean, the staff is efficient and polite and we all had lots of fun. It's great to only pay at the door and not have to worry about getting tickets, etc. We had so much fun we are going again today!

2  Thank MYLemoine
Reviewed August 11, 2012

There seemed to me to be a gap in age - rides for little children up to about age 5, then rides for about 10 to teen. A well planned park and enjoyable just to walk through. A hike from parking, but at least level ground.

1  Thank Rosewitta
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We found coupons to enter the park for $15 a person, so it was very reasonable, considering we spent the whole day there. There are soo many rides for little ones, my son had a fantastic time. The line-ups aren't too bad, either, so we were able to do the rides he loved best more than once, except for the water-log ride; the line-up was crazy long, and the ride itself was pretty short. We loved that all the rides were included in admission, no hidden costs, except for mini-golf. The food isn't spectacular, but we brought our own picnic lunch. We'll be back next summer!

1  Thank Kari D
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Living in Calgary we take Vanessa out to Calaway Park at least once a year, it is an ok way to spend the day but I wouldn't say any of the rides are worth a detailed review and it is true that the park mostly does employ only teenagers as I don't see many adults around. The whole park is probably best described as geared towards young kids with no too many wild rides.

If you have some spare time to kill get there very early, ride the rides and go before the crowds, you will have an alright day and kill some time.

2  Thank Kirk_and_Jo-Anne