“Not much in the way of vegetables I'm afraid”

Charcut Roast House
Reserve with OpenTable
Charcut Roast House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 3,599 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 9th Avenue SW
Description: "Top Chef" season 1 finalist, Connie DeSousa Co-Chef / Owner of this new restaurant located in Downtown Calgary. Featuring urban-rustic cuisine with a custom-built rotisserie and charbroiler, vintage-style slicer and hand-crafted charcuterie eating bar. A contemporary and inviting gathering place, CHARCUT combines local chef-driven cuisine with Italian and Country French accents. Ingredients are sourced from small, local artisan farmers and ranchers, with herbs harvested daily from its own garden, minimizing the miles food travels. Open late night with a full menu.
Calgary
“Not much in the way of vegetables I'm afraid”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had dinner tonight at Charcut. We didn't know much about the menu until we sat and at first we were dismayed at the lack of choice and the limited options. In the result though we had a very nice meal; long on the protein short on vitamins. What they do they do very well. Good service, the meal was very well done. It' s just that we would have preferred to have more side options. The restaurant is very noisy but cool. We enjoyed our experience but it's not a place to rush back to.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Newfie-Traveller07

• Korean first
Mississauga, Canada
“Family-style. Expensive, but worth it.”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Even before the food was brought out, I was impressed by the excellent service. Our waitress had a lot of info to give us as first-time patrons. She also asked us what brought us to the restaurant (I was a big fan of Connie when she was on Top Chef Canada) -- she even followed-up later by bringing me a menu signed by both Connie and #theotherchef .

Bread was available by request and I recommend asking for it; it’s simple, but is the perfect vehicle to accompany the meat-heavy Charcut board. Our party of three all agreed that the cured meat was the best (although everything tasted good, which is to be expected given the high prices). We ordered a couple of entrees and shared them, which definitely added to the experience. Desserts were the perfect size and very summery fresh.

Connie also did the rounds of the tables and chatted for a few minutes with each party. I am sure that they were still trying to get back to 100%, but I was very impressed that they were back in business so quickly after being without power for five days during flooding. Expensive, but worth it.

1 Thank Michelle T
“Eat farmhouse style by sharing your food”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Had a great experience here but you need friends to enjoy. Order several dishes and share. It comes out farm house style to share, and the food Is great. I would also passing on starters and get the share board of meats to start. The cuts are great and unusual, particularly the lamb sausage. Individual dishes look expensive but the are all over sized... Really who ways a16 oz steak? The way to enjoy this place is to share.

1 Thank soapdodger73
Vancouver, Canada
“Drawn in by the duck poutine...”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Although we are not red meat eaters we were drawn in my the duck poutine, smell and ambience. We both had the chicken but the restaurant accommodated me and put the fish veggies on my dish rather than the fennel slaw. My husband that the chicken dish almost as on the menu - but minus the bacon in the slaw. They were very accommodating and didn't mind at all making the changes. And the duck poutine was heavenly. Definitely would go back.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank DAB_LMB
Toronto, Canada
“I expected more from the beef in Calgary”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I ate here during my stay at the Hotel Le Germain. The service was good, except for one waitress who didn't seem to want to waste time explaining the menu or the different cuts of meat to an infrequent-meat-eater. The rest of the wait-staff was extremely friendly and patient.

When my meal arrived, it was enormous and exceedingly more than for just one person. The cut of meat itself was tough and not that tasty. I was truly disappointed, having had such high hopes for a piece of Alberta beef!

The dessert (Milk Chocolate Parfait) was less than mediocre.

1 Thank Penelope G