“Expensive but good”

Charcut Roast House
Reserve with OpenTable
Charcut Roast House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 3,682 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 9th Avenue SW
Description: "Top Chef" season 1 finalist, Connie DeSousa Co-Chef / Owner of this new restaurant located in Downtown Calgary. Featuring urban-rustic cuisine with a custom-built rotisserie and charbroiler, vintage-style slicer and hand-crafted charcuterie eating bar. A contemporary and inviting gathering place, CHARCUT combines local chef-driven cuisine with Italian and Country French accents. Ingredients are sourced from small, local artisan farmers and ranchers, with herbs harvested daily from its own garden, minimizing the miles food travels. Open late night with a full menu.
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Beet salad with creamy goat cheese and charcuterie for 2 excellent but $40

Small wine list, better at cocktails

Didn't get to try the main courses as we're after theatre

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have been to this trendy downtown Calgary restaurant twice. I have to travel nearly 3 hours to get there, so my visits are infrequent. I would eat there more often if I could because the food is good. Parking continues to be a problem as it is for all downtown Calgary restaurants. The city certainly doesn’t want to make things convenient for occasional visitors. They should just put a “Keep Out” sign at the city limits. Never mind. At Charcut the other day, the small valet parking sign was obscured by an over-size truck which was parked there the whole time we were at lunch. I wonder how many people gave up on the restaurant because they couldn't see the sign or park any place convenient? Background music was too loud. It was like being at a rock concert. If I wanted a rock concert, I'd go to one. It was so loud and irritating that I can't give the restaurant an overall "excellent."

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very nice place, fantastic food and very friendly staff. We went for our christmas lunch and the food was outstanding lots of taste. Our waiter was very friendly, made recommendations and even the own came to our table to tell us all about the set up of this place. Would recommend this place to anyone :)

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Had the ribs which were incredibly good. The server was very friendly and helpful, the drinks were great, we were very impressed by the whole place.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Maybe if we'd done the 45 minute quick service menu option the service would have been faster, but as it was, it was extremely slow, and our waiter did not seem all that familiar with the menu. The food, however was excellent, and the drinks menu was very interesting and reminiscent of what a gentleman's club might offer, with drinks made with ingredients like Bitters and Bourbon. They had gluten free bread, and I thoroughly enjoyed my roasted chicken sandwich and side of grilled broccolini, which wasn't listed on the lunch menu, but they obligingly provided for me when I requested it after seeing it on their website. The drinks we received were not the one's we ordered, but they were good anyway, and a refreshing change from the usual drink fare at most places. The beet salad was excellent - red and gold beets and delicious goat cheese. The poutine was mediocre, according to our Poutine expert, who prefers the gravy and chesse layered in and well melted, not all on top and not fully melted. They had no gluten free dessert options, unfortunately, but one of the dessert selections is a small bag of cookies to go, and my friends chose cookies and a tiny little cheesecake to go, which was reportedly absolutely delicious. Unfortunately, by the time the waiter returned to our table to take our dessert order we had to take it to go as we were running short of time, so we couldn't eat it there with cappucino to finish off the meal. Still, it was a very delicious meal in a pleasant atmoshphere, and we quite enjoyed it.