“Good food, great wine list”

Charcut Roast House
Reserve with OpenTable
Charcut Roast House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 3,625 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 9th Avenue SW
Description: "Top Chef" season 1 finalist, Connie DeSousa Co-Chef / Owner of this new restaurant located in Downtown Calgary. Featuring urban-rustic cuisine with a custom-built rotisserie and charbroiler, vintage-style slicer and hand-crafted charcuterie eating bar. A contemporary and inviting gathering place, CHARCUT combines local chef-driven cuisine with Italian and Country French accents. Ingredients are sourced from small, local artisan farmers and ranchers, with herbs harvested daily from its own garden, minimizing the miles food travels. Open late night with a full menu.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Had dinner at Charcut with a friend. The overall experience was really good. The food is good, with a simple, rustic flair. Nothing overpowering, they let the foods natural flavours speak for themselves. And the poutine with the fries cooked in duck fat are amazing. It also has a great wine list.

A couple minor things. Our server was a pleasant enough young guy, but you could tell he was green. He couldn't remember what the fish of the day was, and had a hard time deboning it when it arrived. A little more training of their front end staff could be in order. And it's a busy, noisy place. It may not be a great choice for an intimate dinner.

1  Thank BrWayne
There are newer reviews for Charcut Roast House

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had a business lunch for three and the meal was delicious. The steak was perfectly prepared and very tasty. The parmesan fries were excellent! The service was very good and the server was respectful of the fact that business was happening. We even had a vist from the chef to check on our satisfaction level! We would go again in a heartbeat!

1  Thank Gary C
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was in Calgary on a business trip and we weren’t sure where to eat. I located this restaurant in the St. Genevieve hotel.... saying that I was too excited as hotel restaurants seem to lack in quality but wow was I impressed. The ambiance is amazing, very trendy but not in a bad way- cutting edge is maybe a better fit description. The food was new and fun - traditional ingredients presented in interesting and fun ways. Everything we ordered was delicious including the drinks from the bar. Seating can be tricky as the place seemed to be pretty busy so I would recommend a reservation or arriving early..

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I look for excuses to have work lunches at Charcut. It's amazing food and such a great value. I don't even look at the menu most of the time. I just order the daily lunch special and I've never been disappointed. The fries are crazy good! The soup and sandwich are the height of comfort food. The cookies are the perfect end to a meal! Love it!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

In Calgary for two weeks and by chance - not planned - have eaten here twice this week. This is is a very busy and modern steakhouse with a twist. Across my two visits I have tried the beetroot salad as a starter - which is just so freak, and just so naturally flavored. I also tried the olive starter which was okay. Both times I had the butcher's cut which varies on a daily basis, and both times sublime. Waiting staff are extremely friendly and well tiuned into their menu, with an excellent knowledge of the good, the bad and the ugly. Excellent wine list as well, and again the waiting staff are on the ball for any q&a on this. Have to say the level of honesty they have is really refreshing. Not a dessert man myself, but my colleagues raved on the chocolate mousse. Well worth the check this one.