“Amazing food and atmosphere!”

Charcut Roast House
Reserve with OpenTable
Charcut Roast House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 3,770 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 9th Avenue SW
Description: "Top Chef" season 1 finalist, Connie DeSousa Co-Chef / Owner of this new restaurant located in Downtown Calgary. Featuring urban-rustic cuisine with a custom-built rotisserie and charbroiler, vintage-style slicer and hand-crafted charcuterie eating bar. A contemporary and inviting gathering place, CHARCUT combines local chef-driven cuisine with Italian and Country French accents. Ingredients are sourced from small, local artisan farmers and ranchers, with herbs harvested daily from its own garden, minimizing the miles food travels. Open late night with a full menu.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

NO other restaurant like it in Calgary, inovative, local fare, supports our farmers and butchers and great service...

1  Thank InnerSmile58
CalgaryJohnJackson, Owner at Charcut Roast House, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Hello InnerSmile58,

Thank you very much for the great review, we truly appreciate you taking the time to do it.

John and Connie

Reviewed January 17, 2013

The best restaurant in Calgary? Maybe. Charcut is the best of everything local to Calgary, which happens to be meat or more specifically, beef! They have a pleasantly simple, but spohisicated approach to classic food. The roasterie meat (changes daily) and homemade charcuterie and sausages are excellent. The homemade mortadella is excellent with the Brassica mustatrd. The protien of the day was prime rib, which was tender, tasty, and perfectly cooked. Beet salad, and really good fries. I highly recommend this for all that love protien based food!

1  Thank EALee
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband booked Charcut for our anniversary. The service was fantastic. We had water almost immediately upon sitting, and our wine selection was to our table within minutes of ordering it. Fantastic food, and definetly the best service I've had in Calgary for over 5 years. If you like good food and amazing service, Charcut is your place!

1  Thank Christine H

Hello and Happy Anniversary ,

John and Connie

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Charcut does a lot of food I'm just not crazy about, pates, fish with skin on home made meat platters. I see where they are going with it, and they do what they do well. An impressive dining room area, but just not my thing.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I've given this review on the basis of the terrible experience I had at Charcut. We had a rather unfortunate incident in the restaurant associated with the hotel (the hotel is very good), where the waitress spilled a drink all over me and in my reaction I pushed the base of the table over my girlfriends foot, bruising it badly. The waitress basically left us to it, didnt even offer help or an ice pack.. I had to ask to see the manager of the restaurant who got very defensive and we had to battle to get even a free bite to eat from them even though our night was ruined, we ended up with a cold burger being delivered to our room and it was really dry and tasteless.... We ended up just going to bed......Not great service guys, must do better!!!

On a more positive note, the hotel is great and the staff there were very helpful (and supplied us with ice packs).