“No regrets choosing this hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Calgary Airport

Hilton Garden Inn Calgary Airport
Ranked #16 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“No regrets choosing this hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2009

I have to agree with everything everybody had to say about this hotel. It was one of the best hotels I have stayed in, comfortable, friendly staff, quiet, excellent service. You have to try the pool, just to unwind. We arrived after a long haul flight and booked straight in with no trouble.

As people have said, it is set away from the airport on its own but you have very easy access to the highway and can be on your way to downtown Calgary, the rockies or edmonton in a couple of minutes.

One tip, if you want to save some money and you are hiring a hire car at the airport for your stay. The hotel runs a good curtesy bus, so you could catch that to the hotel, get it back to the airport the following day and pick up your hire.

If i returned to Calgary again, this hotel would be my first stop. Excellent

2 Thank Jaycee001

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2009

I stay at the HGI Calgary Airport about 6-8 times a year. I'd stay more, but it's usually booked if I try to reserve on short notice (less than a week).

Great staff. Large, open rooms. Well appointed. Quiet. Free water and cookies. Microwave and fridge. Free internet, and parking (outdoor). Overall it's a good deal, particularly with the corporate rate I receive.

I've never been disappointed there, and I have now probably stayed there around two dozen times.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank BigTipper
edinburgh,scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2009

In Canada for a family wedding and wanted a comfortable hotel after arriving from Europe.
Requirements were airport/Hotel shuttle, double beds and a smoking room.

Looked at Tripadviser which gave a good report so booked. All the Airport hotels looked expensive and with hot breakfasr cooked to order, cost came to Can$200 but well worth it.

From the reception to room staff to restaurant staff, all were helpful and, like previous reviewers, we were also offered a cookie by the shuttle driver.

Although more expensive, go for the cooked to order breakfast - it was excellent . . and the server kept coming back and saying "there is more!"

One thing, although we arrived at 5pm, our room was not ready . . we thought strange. However front desk showed us to the lounge to sit and where we could have a beer and relax . . indeed we were so relaxed that when the room was ready (after 15 minutes), we had another drink before we went to our room!!

2 Thank jonlam
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2009

We were completely satisfied for our stay there during our one year anniversary trip.
Elegant room with mini-kitchen and Neutrogena bath products. VERY quiet.
The room was clean, spacious and well appointed. The new beds are EXCELLENT
Complementary wi fi internet connection is included. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
Warm pool (larger than most hotels) and beautiful natural setting for breakfast / dining. We leave our car parked in the hotel lot for free and the shuttle driver takes us to the airport.
My wife likes this hotel because it has all the amenities we need and want when away from home. We will come back.

1 Thank karf007
Rome
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2009

We spent just a single night in this comfortable hotel. It is located very close to the airport, and so convenient for a small rest. The room is spacious; we did not suffer for any noise coming from the airport, neither from surrounding.
Complementary wi fi internet connection is included
The breakfast is continental with a wide choose of food. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We were completely satisfied for our stay there.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Alpharetta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2009

The hotel is very clean. The older soft top beds at Hilton Garden Inn is the type I prefer, the new "Evolution" beds need to be tossed out the window.

Upon check in I gave the desk guy my credit card & identification, which he looked at and handed back to me, he then gave me the registration form, which had someone elses name. Hope I don't have to pay for his room too!

I had a very early flight, which required me to get their 5:30 AM shuttle. I got on their list upon check in, then confirmed this right before going to bed.

At 5:20am the room phone rang, it was the driver asking if I was going to be on the shuttle, to which I told him yes that I was walking out of the room right then. Went to the elevator (on the 5th floor) rode down and didnot see the shuttle! Went to the desk and told them the driver had just called and where was he now?
He looked very disgusted and called the driver asking him if he could come back, which is what he did, however he to had a snotty attitude about it.

I understand I was not down there 10 minutes ahead of time, nor was I asked to, but geez when you call asking if I am catching a ride, then leave without me, kinda makes me angry.

Bottom line is you get what you pay for, this is not a hotel used to getting it right the first time when it comes to service related issues.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2009

Spent 3 nights at the Hilton Garden Inn in late April and am generally pleased with the hotel. The room was clean, spacious and well appointed. The mirowave oven in the room came in handy. The bed was VERY comfortable. The hotel breakfast buffet comes with the option of a cold and hot dishes. The food quality was good and there was more than enough to choose from. The hot buffet is made to order and my only real gripe is that the cook could have been much more attentive to what was actually ordered. 2 out of 3 of my hot breakfast orders were incorrect. Handy location to the Calgary airport and a reasonable commute to the city. I would stay here again, but my honest preference is to the Delta which is connected to the airport directly.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business