“Highly recommend”

Hilton Garden Inn Calgary Airport
Ranked #21 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel has exceptional quality of staff, food, and cleanliness. I was conducting a three day continuing education course on Environmental Site Assessment & Remediation. Our seminar room was quite suitable with the right amount of day light for the computer projector. The refreshments for the two breaks per day were always on time and the cold items were COLD. The coffee and tea were good quality. Our lunch for the three days was ordered by attendees around 10:00 am and the table and food were ready for 12:00. The quality of the food was excellent. The breakfast buffett was excellent and comparable to fancier hotels without the fancy prices.

2  Thank Nasrat H

Reviewed June 26, 2013

This Hilton has been a reliable and very comfortable stop on trips to Calgary. I think the management or ownership has changed, as there were new personnel at the front desk and the check-in process was a little more cumbersome than I remembered, but everything else was just fine. I like that there is a real restaurant and small bar, rather than the Bistro venue of the Courtyards. My room was large and comfortable and the bed was excellent. Fast, easy internet connection, Great business experience

1  Thank Steve M
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Calgary is booming with growth and there are many new places to stay. This Hilton property is in great shape, convenient to, but not too close to the airport, and close to many good dining options. See my review on the nearby Toad 'n' Turtle.

The fitness center is a little on the modest side but the equipment is in excellent condition. The single station, multi-exercise weight machine is all you need for some toning and muscle work, however, there's only room for one at a time.

Typical of Hilton properties the beds are always fresh and oh so nice and comfortable. Watch out, the instant hot water in the bath is very instant and very hot.

My only critiques are these. I do need to say, these issues may only be because of the crisis the city was in. I was there when the worst flooding in history hit causing the evacuation of over 100,000 residents. Every hotel was packed. Two nights in a row I didn't get to the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies fast enough. Please bake more.

Second, the second evening, due to the severity of the situation outside, I stayed in for dinner. Also, I came in for a late meal, however, the dining area was no longer busy. Even so, service was extremely slow. Credit one server, who wasn't even resonsible for me, she noticed my neglect and offered to comp my glass of wine. My meal was acceptable and quite pricey. Again, except for the conditions I would normally recommend you avail yourself of many other dining options.

I am not a pool person but did notice it was under renovation/construction.

Still a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Personally, I suspect it is hard to get a bad room here.
1  Thank James R
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stay here on business and my wife and I stayed here on the heels of a three day stay each at Chateau Lake Louise and Jasper Park Lodge. Those places were both disappointing, which only caused me to appreciate this place even more. Rooms are very clean. We hadn't had a good night's sleep the previous week due to the lack of substantive pillows at CLL and JPL, so I requested an additional four foam pillows, which was over the top but were brought without delay. My wife and I slept like babys. The staff is quite good and friendly. This is my home in Calgary.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GeoffL
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here in May of 2012 with my son's spring hockey team. Lisa and staff were extremely helpful in setting up packages for the zoo for each family! Even for the ones not staying at the hotel! Emailed hotel on short notice for a business stay in June of 2013 and was accomodated immediately with no issues. Even when the oil show was on! Will definitely be back!

1  Thank Brad B
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We usually stay at pricer hotels close to the airport but we found a good deal at the Hilton Garden Inn and decided to book this hotel.

From the moment we walked in we were surprised with how beautiful this hotel was, the front desk staff were professional and very friendly, the room was very clean, quiet and beds were comfy. We took a shuttle to the airport around 4:30 am and two weeks later came back at noon. Each time the driver was friendly and quick ... this is now our new favourite hotel to use when travelling and we will be back.

Love that you can park your car and enjoy such excellent service at a decent price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BeachLover22
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The location of hotel is ideal fro anyone doing business in the north of the city. It has easy access to major expressway Deerfoot Trail. The lobby was newly renovated in new Hilton style and so were the bedrooms.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business