“Clean & Nice”

Naperville, Illinois
“Clean & Nice”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Friendly helpful staff.
Clean and nicely decorated rooms and hallways etc.
Included breakfast was very good.
Very close to airport with free shuttle service.
Would definately stay there again when traveling to Calgary.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank rb47
Jennifer R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and our team members. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 18, 2012

First stay at this hotel. They have a display in the lobby which outlines their future renovation efforts. The rooms were typical and clean. The breakfast was adequate. Waffels, french toast and omlettes, when part of the buffet offering, are ordered and served tableside. Overally good experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JetsForFunJourneys
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is my 2nd stay at this hotel. The purpose of both stays were to be in position to fly out of Calgary airport the following morning. I cannot imagine staying at this hotel for any other reason. That said the hotel fits the bill. It appears clean and fairly well kept. Room was comfortable and included a microwave and refrig, and wireless internet. The hotel has a small bar/lounge area and cafe. We opted to drive a mile or two to a nearby Perkins Restaurant for breakfast which was a good breakfast. We spent about an hour at the nearby Aerospace Museum (just down the road).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 500hp_traveler
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back in the future.
London
Reviewed September 1, 2012

A very convenient stop over for the airport, although if driving from Banff, it's quite convoluted, but the hotel directions were very good. Its quite close to the airport but the noise from the planes wasnt very noticeable. The place was good value for money, clean and service excellent both at the desk, in the room and in the breakfast restaurant. Yes, the location is a bit soulless but there are some good places to eat not far away if you have a car and the Aerospace museum almost opposite might wile away an hour. The reccomendations from the front desk were very good: The Cactus Grill for fusion food and The Cattle Baron for steaks. There is a big retail outlet place just North on the main highway called Cross Iron Mall, about 10 to 15 mins drive that has around 200 shops with food court.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank planetvenus
kentucky
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Hotel included in Caravan Tour.
Nice - clean hotel near the airport but very quite. Friendly staff. No transport to downtown except taxi or bus/train. Staff helped me with bus/train and placed correct money in envelop for transfer. Nice touch. Beds had firmness level switch.

Room Tip: Using public tranportation, it costed me around $5.00 Canada to get downtown and back. 30-45 Minute...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank thingtodo
dubai
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Paid the high price expecting a nice, welcoming stay after a long and tiring drive from Banff. However, this lady on the check in counter behaved as if she has a problem with her job. Was curt, rude and mechanical. Ordered me to sign here, there and there... when I jokingly asked if she was not making me sign off all my property to break the ice... she was even more curt and rude in her response!

Then she gave me a room at the end of the corridor... far from the elevators.

I came back again and requested for a smoking room, if available, as I will have to otherwise travel all the way up and down for a smoke. As expected, I was curtly told that no smoking rooms were available.

I then requested her to please give me a room closer to the elevators if possible. Which was also refused.

Looking at her attitude, I then demanded to see the Duty Manager. To my surprise, SHE was the Duty Manager. Her nameplate said: Amanda (--), Duty Manager. She then handed me over to another Duty Manager, who was very co-operative and agreed to give me a room closer to the elevators.

And nobody came forward to help me carry my bags to my room.

And nobody returned a smile when I did come in and out after a smoke.

Worst, the room keys stopped working when I came back a couple of time... surprisingly?.... or was it all orchesrtered from the reception, I wonder!

Probably, the lady does not like her job... or maybe she's not used to dealing with people from other parts of the world who do not look like her. In any case, she did spoil my stay there so much so that I was scared that she might scratch my car while I am in my room. Yes, she was so aggressive!

Stay at your own risk at this hotel... I am a member of the Hilton Honours program and if I can be subjected to this kind of treatment, God help the rest of us!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators... and be mindful of the rude staff
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank naved22
Long Island
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Everything about this hotel was perfect. Our pickup at airport was prompt and courteious.
Steven checked us in and did it very professionally. When assistance or questions asked they couldn't do enough for you.
Mike in the restaurant did more than serve. He was our informal tour guide. Thanks Hilton.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends