6 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.com$169
Hotels.com$169
ZenHotels.com$176
3,087 results
All reviews gold floor the penthouse calgary tower train tracks beautiful hotel steam room stephen avenue heart of downtown calgary stampede lounge valet canada starbucks banff vehicle
Selected filters
Reviewed August 28, 2019

My family and I (wife, me, 2 kids under 10) stayed at the Fairmont for 5 days at the start of a Western Canada trip and it was a fantastic start for us. We opted to upgrade to a one bedroom suite with access to the Fairmont Gold lounge and it was amazing. The upgrade cost us $90 a night but was well worth it. Knowledgable, friendly concierge service and a very exclusive feel to the lounge. THE BEST breakfast to start the day and drinks/snacks whenever we needed them. For us, with the 2 kids, we used the hotel as our main base and made a lot of use of the lounge. It really was a home from home for our Calgary stay.

Room tip: Upgrade to a suite and Gold lounge access if you can - well worth it!
Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed August 28, 2019

The Fairmont Palliser is a hotel that has old world charm. It has a lot of character and is very inviting. The staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. They try very hard to please their guests and anticipate their needs to make it a memorable stay. The rooms are renovated tastefully. I always enjoy staying here because the staff always make me feel special.

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank Mandy V
Reviewed August 24, 2019

We only stayed one night at the Palliser after our flight arrived in Calgary. It wasn't too bad getting to the hotel from the airport, although the many one-way busy streets made it a little difficult to finally reach the front of the hotel and unload. The bellhops were so extremely helpful as soon as we pulled up to the curb, helping us with next steps for check-in. I got this room for a great price, but then the valet parking ended up adding a lot more on top of that great room price. That is to be expected with valet parking in any large city, though.

Check-in was flawless. We let the staff member know that we were coming to Alberta for a milestone anniversary event, and she was very nice and congratulatory. Once we settled in the room, there was a knock at the door. Room service appeared with a plate of 5 chocolate-dipped strawberries and a handwritten congratulations card under the plate. What incredible service!

The room was really nice, with plenty of space. I believe they may have upgraded us to a slightly larger room. We had a king bed, too. Everything was spotlessly clean, and the bathroom was very nice. This a great location for setting out in the city to do some sightseeing. The Calgary Tower (space needle) sits about a block or two outside of the Palliser. We easily grabbed an Uber ride over toward the east side of the city where they have a burgeoning brewery district. We were able to hit up a couple of those really good breweries and grab a bite to eat.

Checkout was seamless, and we were easily able to get on the road quickly to head off on our adventures to Banff, Lake Louise, and Jasper. I would highly recommend staying here at the Palliser if you like historic hotels. The lobby area and the restaurant are spectacular. Architectural detail is really worth spending some time checking out, and they have some amazing paintings in the lobby area.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Brett D
Reviewed August 22, 2019

I LOVED my stay at this hotel. First of all, THE BEDS ARE AMAZING. I consider them the CLOUD beds, as I felt like I was sleeping in a CLOUD.
Secondly, the location is very convenient to a large number of restaurants and shopping.
Thirdly, the rooms are VERY spacious and clean and quiet.
Lastly, the staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful.
OH, did I mentioni the bed was AMAZING?
I loved my stay at this hotel and would return in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank monicadeters
Reviewed August 20, 2019

The Fairmont Palliser is housed in a historic and palatial building in downtown Calgary right next to the Calgary Tower. The lobby is luxuriously appointed and the family guest room with 2 Queen Beds was equally nice. The property has retained its old world charm with tall ceilings and ornate furniture while providing all the modern amenities required for a comfortable stay. It is close enough to the local attractions including Stephen Avenue. Your perfect base to explore Calgary.

Date of stay: July 2019