The Fairmont Palliser
$95
$83
$163
  • Restaurant
Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
$199
$158
$101
Travelocity
2,524 results
All reviewsgold floorthe penthousepresidents clubcalgary towerclassic hoteltrain tracksbeautiful hotelvalet parkingrocky mountaineersteam roomvalet servicestephen avenueheart of downtowncalgary stampedeoakloungeconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The Fairmont Palliser Hotel did not disappoint. Overall I was very pleased with the hotel itself and my hotel room. Everything was clean and the service was also very good.
My favourite feature was the spa and the huge jacuzzi, definitely a highlight!
It is an older hotel and the style is not necessarily my cup of tea, nevertheless it was a very comfortable and pleasant stay.

Check out the video I took of my room:

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Like every Fairmont we have stayed in, The Palliser did not disappoint. The food was great, the room was great and the service was great. My wife always wanted to try the Gold floor so we did this time. I don't see the value for the extra money spent for this "upgrade"

Room Tip: We stayed on the Gold Floor. Didn't see any advantage in spending the extra money
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night as we had an early flight to catch the next day. Booked a standard queen room and I was pleasantly surprised at how large the room was! We had 4 pieces of luggage and could easily open them up on the floor and still have room to walk around.
The room was nicely appointed and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was also large and had great shower pressure.
The hotel has a grand old feel about it! Enjoyed our one nights stay and now wish we had of stayed longer!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Well, I guess I have to conclude that while the government of Canada is one of the best and most generous organization the people and institutions are not so much.
I just spent a night at this amazing facility in Calgary. Check-in was cumbersome although I was the only person at the desk. The front desk clerk had a very tuff time to try to assign a room for me. Not sure why, perhaps because I said I don't care about the bedside but I like it quiet.
I got to my room on the 3rd floor last room. Nothing was right in it. Old drab, cold, bed lighting etc.
First act I called maintenance to fix the thermostat and the lights. A delightful mechanic J.P. arrived and fixed it all and later he took it upon himself to ask for a change of room.
This is how I got to the bright and beautiful room in perfect working condition. Thanks J.P.
The new room was delightful, brightly and elegantly furnished with all in perfect working condition.
So, the question remains; why did they assign me an un-renovated uninspiring room when they had plenty others available. It appears that my Fairmont loyalty card did not merit a minor upgrade when the hotel only had a 44% occupancy. Wouldn't they rather have a happy customer? The room had no slippers, no coffee or tea and no water, but it had free Wi-Fi.
I eat lunch in the hotel restaurant called the Oak Room, not cheap but excellent food. Very good service by a sweet French Canadian waitress, but the luck of generosity yet again became a minor issue to notice. I asked for my drink to be strong and little ice. She immediately told me that it will cost extra money to be strong and of course it was too much ice.
I am missing those little extra gestures of kindness and generosity we are so often receive in the USA from staff who is in contact with the wider public. I assume it goes with the territory...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Stephen L
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Have stayed here before, a number of years ago.
Everything is still superb.
Service impeccable from those who assist unloading your luggage from the cab to the front desk to the housekeeping staff and concierge.
The rooms are immaculate and tastefully decorated.
First class all the way.
We ordered room service, which included the Bento Box with Ahi Tuna. One of the best priced items on the menu.
Food and drink is expensive here, but served beautifully.
All in all, wonderful stay.

Room Tip: If you can swing the Gold Floor, it's worth it for the breakfast and evening happy hour.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business