The Fairmont Palliser
$95
$83
$163
  • Restaurant
Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
$199
$158
$101
Travelocity
2,524 results
All reviewsgold floorthe penthousepresidents clubcalgary towerclassic hoteltrain tracksbeautiful hotelvalet parkingrocky mountaineersteam roomvalet servicestephen avenueheart of downtowncalgary stampedeoakloungeconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Was put up at this hotel for the 3rd time in the last ten years. It is an upper-end hotel surrounded by a slummy neighborhood. It is otherwise in a convenient location though. Staff are very nice and helpfully. This time around, room was very small. Would not pay their going rate for this room. It was also on the same alley as cp rail tracks, which woke me up once or twice a night, despite being on the 5th floor. the food served up by the hotel was excellent, have yet to have a bad meal there. Always look forward to returning, though I am not so sure I would stay their on leisure time because of their room rates and the neighborhood.

Room Tip: If you are stuck with a room on the south side, go as high up as possible to avoid being disturbed by CP Rail down below.
1  Thank Phil O
TheFairmontPalliser, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Palliser, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Hello Phil,

We appreciate you taking the time reviewing your last stay with us. It’s a pleasure to hear you enjoyed our food and beverage offerings while you visited – we’re certainly proud of our culinary team and their efforts to provide authentically local food experiences for our guests. Our hotel will celebrate its centennial next year, and after 100 years, we too have seen quite the changes within our neighborhood. However, we are excited and look forward to the city and downtown Calgary’s vitality and revitalization plans to keep the area looking and feeling fresh and new! We hope to have you be our guest again soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

...and somewhat jaded. The lobby was really impressive - like stepping back in time. So was my room, unfortunately in the negative sense - bit cramped, particularly the bathroom, and frayed at the edges. Still, the hotel is conveniently located, clean and breakfast rather nice. Staff were very helpful - and I took a peek at the spa and it looked very inviting!

1  Thank DaddyOW
TheFairmontPalliser, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Palliser, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your recent stay at The Fairmont Palliser. We are happy to hear you that found out lobby impressive and enjoyed our landmark city-centre location convenient. We’ve recently completed an extensive guest room renovation project and look forward to the opportunity of having a fully refurbished property soon. We apologize for any inconvenience that your room may have caused you and sincerely appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you and again soon and maybe have you experience our tenant spa, RnR Wellness too!

Communications Manager.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We found our four day stay to be very enjoyable and am looking forward to our next visit to Calgary. Impressed how the staff were attentive to details and how they were so helpful to ensure our stay was the best. The hotel has done a great job retaining great staff, having an efficient parking valet service, comfortable rooms and an amazing Gold Lounge.

1  Thank davidkWhitecourt

Hello David,

We are so happy to hear about your “Royal Stay” with us on Fairmont Gold. We are especially pleased to hear you recognize our loyal employees and see the success of their experience and knowledge to treat our guests like the ‘gold’ that they are. We’ll be sure to pass your kind words on. We look forward to host you again very soon.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I had a thoroughly enjoyable 3 nights stay at the Fairmont while on my first business trip to Calgary. The Fairmont is a classy, grand old hotel, but with modern rooms and facilities and excellent customer service. It is conveniently located in the centre, with easy access to the main business and shopping districts, as well as being close to rail and road links and a short taxi journey from the airport.

I had the good fortune to stay on one of the concierge floors and the the concierge desk could not have been more helpful, which made a big difference because my luggage didn't make it to Calgary during my short trip (disappointed in KLM about that). They found me phone chargers and other essential items that had been in my hold baggage and ensured that the express laundry turned around my clothes in less than 24 hours.

For my first trip to Calgary, this hotel had the perfect location and perfect service. The rack rate isn't cheap but it is a lovely place to stay.

Room Tip: I stayed in a Fairmont Gold Room on one of the concierge floors (upper 2 floors). This gave free access to the lounge of top floor with complimentary drinks, snacks and an honesty bar. I got a very reasonable rate from booking.com
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HAL11
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is Calgary's most historic hotel. It's centrally located and has enough bling in the lobby and common areas to light up a Christmas tree. I'm not sure it's quite worth all the raves, though. The place has not just an old world feel but an old feel. Yes, it's impressive and the longer I stayed there the more I appreciated the comfort of the room and the spa. But the whole place just has a time warp feel about it that left me wondering whether I should have stayed someplace a tad more last century. Some other impressions:

Positives: Overall location is great. The pool, hot tub, sauna and steam room are fantastic. But don't bring the kids as the place has signs all over the place saying those areas require "spa voices." The bar and dining areas are great too. The closet in my room was a walk in and the bathroom was amazingly well appointed.

Negatives: They seem to like to nickle and dime customers. Internet service costs $13.95 US a day and as soon as you walk in the room you see a tall sized bottle of water with a $7 price tag on it. You would think at $300 a night they could throw this stuff in. Room furniture is mid-1800s modern. The room service menu had stains on it. Yuck.

Room Tip: Join the Presidents Club and get a Club Room. That's where they put all their service. If you're not in the "club" well check out the Sheraton.
1  Thank AMBK731

Hello there,

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your recent stay at The Fairmont Palliser. We are excited to share that we have recently completed an extensive guest room renovation project which maintains our historic feel, but includes elegant modern touches to enhance and update the space- we look forward to the opportunity of having a fully refurbished property soon. We also appreciate you noting the benefits which come with guests signing up to the complementary Fairmont President’s Club where with sharing your preferences and passions, we’re able to customize your stay even more- members also receive free internet access. Thank you again.