“Expensive, but for good reason nothing but superior service here.”

The Fairmont Palliser
Ranked #21 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
“Expensive, but for good reason nothing but superior service here.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night here. The moment you walk in you feel like you're at home. The staff were very friendly, the room had great features like a flat screen TV, safe, and iPod docking station.

Everything was great no complaints!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank AustinG-08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cochrane, Canada
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Our 2 teenage boys are finally at the point where my wife and I felt we could do an "escape" weekend to hook up with some old buddies. We booked for dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House (separate review on that!) and then after a few glasses of wine and apertifs at the lounge (Oak Room? I think) tucked in for a nice night. Hey this is a hotel for romance and relaxation and the rooms, services and staff will make it worth your while. Room was not overly large but was well set out and the bed was super comfortable. A great weekend and one we will repeat in the future!

Room Tip: We picked an "internet booking room" because of the rate. This place will definitely have...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FootlooseWithKids
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

From the moment I was greeted at the front door by the valet to the checkout, my first stay at The Palliser has been nothing but top-notch! I had the option to check-in online before getting to the hotel, so when I pulled up, my room kit was waiting at the valet for me. Went right upstairs to my room where the lights were on and the radio was playing soft music to welcome us in. It was amazing to walk into the room, I had booked the Fairmont Gold King large, and it was a beautiful room! Spacious, wonderfully decorated, with a view of the street and buildings at the front of the hotel. Breakfast in the Gold Lounge was unbelievable, with coffee, tea or latte, as well as cereal, oatmeal, hot foods all waiting. The cinnamon buns were delicious, hot and gooey! I especially loved coming back to the room late at night and finding my ice bucket topped up with ice to chill my drinks, and more bottles of water waiting with a note about the next day's forecast. I never wanted to leave!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
TheFairmontPalliser, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Palliser, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Jen,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! It gives us great pleasure to welcome first-time guests such as yourself and so happy to hear that your stay went so well that you never wanted to leave! We are also delighted that you found the Gold Floor amenities and experience as special as they are. We look forward to host you again soon.

Cranbrook, Canada
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I just love this hotel. From the time you are greeted with their exceptional valet service, to the time you check out, you feel as though you have experienced royal treatment at this hotel. The location can't be beat if you want to stay in the heart of the city within walking distance to many great restaurants, boutiques and shops, the Core shopping centre, arts and culture. The gym is good, the spa is a little on the mediocre side considering the grandness of the rest of the hotel, the food is excellent, the rooms are elegant (I actually prefer the traditional room over the upgrade to a deluxe), and the service is outstanding.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robin P
Hello Robin,

We are pleased to hear that you experienced a true ‘Royal’ stay with us at The Fairmont Palliser. We too feel that every room is special in its own unique way and glad you enjoyed the space of your traditional! Our landmark city-centre location makes experiencing Calgary very accessible, and thank you for letting us know about the service you received. We look forward to have you be our guest again soon for another ‘Royal’ treat.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had the chance to stay in hotel for 5 days in order to participating a course a few days ago.
As a prestige member of Fairmont, I Had another great experience and I really enjoyed my stay.
The rooms in 10th floor were old fashion but perfect, clean, nice and lovely.The front desk people were just amazing and so kind, always with smile on their face.
And the location is excellent , you are near to all.
For sure in my next trip to Calgary I will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Piramidf
Hello there,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Fairmont Palliser while you participated in your five day course. The Fairmont President’s Club loves to identify members like you with what makes you an individual such as your passions and preferences to help make it an original stay for you. Our staff will remain smiling waiting for you until your next visit.

calgary
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I adore the Fairmont, we have our Christmas party there every year, and we always stay the night. The Gold suites are scrumptious. Penthouse check in just makes you feel special, although the front desk staff are always friendly and helpful. I love the valet service, for promp pick up, do as they request: call up for you car 1/2 hour in advance to avoid waiting. The beds are comfortable and who can resist the white sheet wrapped duvet...yummy. The complimentary breakfast (with gold) is 5 Star. The rooms are so elegant, crown moldings gorgeous curtains, just fit for a queen. I just love walking into the Fairmont it is a big treat for us and we look forward to evey year.

Room Tip: The gold rooms are really special, treat yourself.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We love the Palliser! We stay frequently, and their service and accommodation is always first class. Nothing is ever a problem, and they always respond quickly to any questions or requests. Rooms are comfortable, food in the restaurants consistently great, and the attention to detail fantastic! The hotel is very centrally located, and very close to great restaurants and shopping downtown.

Room Tip: The Calgary tower is just a block away, and we loved the food at the restaurants Teatro and Catch on...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple